PSP for sale on eBay?

Seems fishy.

I didn't even read the whole thing, but when I saw "I DO EBAY FOR A LIVING, NOT FOR FUN!!!" and noticed that the seller had only a 3 feedback rating, it made me a little suspicious.

It pretty clearly says he'll ship it on December 12. I think it's safe to say he doesn't actually have one.

deansfurniture5 said:
Seems fishy.

I didn't even read the whole thing, but when I saw "I DO EBAY FOR A LIVING, NOT FOR FUN!!!" and noticed that the seller had only a 3 feedback rating, it made me a little suspicious.

i noticed that too... has to be total BS. great pics of the psp though. ;)

Well, he's selling a Japanese version, but I thought that didn't come out until December 12th. Maybe he's breaking an NDA or something?

I wouldn't bid.

Acceptable_Risk said:
It pretty clearly says he'll ship it on December 12. I think it's safe to say he doesn't actually have one.

I see, so I take it hes going to buy it with YOUR cash and ship it to you and make, what, $200 profit? Ouch.

No real pics, just ones he stole. Only an idiot to Ebay would bid on it.

Plus what #2 said, (3) rating and "does Ebay for life" ... :rolleyes:

I don't see where it "clearly" says December 12th, if at all. Maybe I'm blind.

It also says "Pre - Sale"

The guy says he's located in Tokyo, so he can get the thing at Japanese retail price, so yeah, he's just trying to profit, though his whole "I make a living off ebay" schtick is crap if he only has 3 feedbacks.

Luxor said:
No real pics, just ones he stole. Only an idiot to Ebay would bid on it.

Or even bother to ask about it. Just kidding! :D

And yeah, I would never bid on this and I hope oyu don't either.

Personally, I wouldn't bid on anything that not's already out except if it's a pre-order. The pics look to good to be true as well.

WickedAngel said:
Around $190 US.

you'd have to be an idiot or have alot of extra cash to waste (or both) to spend 480 bucks on it just to have it early.

ohhhh man this guy is going to have a HUGE selection of games to play! Until the system comes out here! Oh my god I hope it is region free! Oh and oh yeah I hope the wiiner can read hiragana to play his new imported games. Wow what a Deal. :rolleyes:

I already have 10 of them. I also live in Tokyo. $480? What a rip off! I'll sell em to you for $400 each! Just send your cash over here to my uh....associate....in the US, and you will get your PSP. Soon, I promise!

sanosuke2999 said:
ohhhh man this guy is going to have a HUGE selection of games to play! Until the system comes out here! Oh my god I hope it is region free! Oh and oh yeah I hope the wiiner can read hiragana to play his new imported games. Wow what a Deal. :rolleyes:
If Sony's past hardware is any indication it'll region locked for sure.

Acceptable_Risk said:
If Sony's past hardware is any indication it'll region locked for sure.

Sony announced that PSP games are not region locked. However, PSP format movie discs will be region locked like DVDs.

From a few recent stories I've read, there will be a big shortage of PSPs in Japan. The stores there are complaining that Sony still hasn't told them how many they will be able to get in stock for the release date.

I would be very cautious about pre-ordering from someone who claims to be able to get one in Japan, because they will be very tough to get ahold of on the release date and probably throughout the end of the year.

Did no one else notice the only other two things he has feedback for (selling), are Hello Kitty vibrators?

Very disturbing...

The games aren't region locked, but most of the other features are. As someone mentioned earlier, the UMD movie disks will be locked, as will music (I'm not sure how they would pull this off, but I remember them saying that was one of the locked features).

Back