Half-Life 2 Multiplayer

FunkeyPunk

Limp Gawd
"Icarus: Does it have multiplayer, if so what are they?
Chuck Osborn: Counter-Strike Source is the multiplayer.

Icarus: Only CS:S, no Deathmatch?
Chuck Osborn: Only CS:S"

Taken from an interview that was done over at halflife2.net with the guy that reviewed Half-Life2 for PCGamer.

http://www.halflife2.net

I think that was already said but being that there saying Counter-Strike Source is the multiplayer part of HL2...it will be included right?

I'm going to cry.

Actually, given the sucess of Half-Life's base multiplay, I don't see how this decision can last. I expect some changes to be made, if not officially, then at least by modders.

kinda dissapointed.

looks like ill be gettting the regular Single Player Only hl2 for 20 bucks, if they even will have one. cause id rather play frag ops over counter strike.

we shall see :\

Bad_Boy said:
kinda dissapointed.

looks like ill be gettting the regular Single Player Only hl2 for 20 bucks, if they even will have one. cause id rather play frag ops over counter strike.

I heard they scrapped the whole different packages idea, save the Collectors Edition.

Bad_Boy said:
kinda dissapointed.

20 pounds .. rougly 30bucks

there is no longer a single palyer only game. they were going to do that with sierra but vu killed that idea, now theres the normal version (sp and mp) and the collectors edition (sp, mp, hl:s, t-shirt, book)

actually they havent announced what comes iwth the collectors edition yet, half life source will probably come with any version of hl2... but anyways i think that the original half life multiplayer sucked ass and it is good that they are only using counter strike, plus with so many mods coming out for half life 2, you wont even need to worry about anything if you dont like counter strike... if u thot ut2004 has a lot of mods, then you are going to love hl2 because it is going to have TONS of mods...

-warsaw

well i dont really mind that its just cs: s, because im sure, that a few weeks or a month down the road, a mod will come out that has deathmatch or something...and then there is dod: s, and 7 co-op source. And we cant forget Team Fortress 2 now can we?

warsawtag said:
actually they havent announced what comes iwth the collectors edition yet, half life source will probably come with any version of hl2... but anyways i think that the original half life multiplayer sucked ass and it is good that they are only using counter strike, plus with so many mods coming out for half life 2, you wont even need to worry about anything if you dont like counter strike... if u thot ut2004 has a lot of mods, then you are going to love hl2 because it is going to have TONS of mods...

-warsaw

yes they have announced it, and like i said "Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirt and a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD." from halflife2.net frontpage and hl2fallout

why would you get the single player version? I doubt that that version will be able to play mods :)

with all the moddage, im sure someone will make an official HLDM

Hell, there's guys that are already making a Stargate Mod for HL2 with both Singleplayer AND Multiplayer.

Bad_Boy said:
kinda dissapointed.

Everything you said is true..

and FO > CS:S :D

FunkeyPunk said:
well i dont really mind that its just cs: s, because im sure, that a few weeks or a month down the road, a mod will come out that has deathmatch or something...and then there is dod: s, and 7 co-op source. And we cant forget Team Fortress 2 now can we?

lol its Sven Co-op not 7 Co-op.. hehe..

Yeah, it will only be a matter of time until there's multiplayer using the HL2 levels and weapons and stuff...

Back