Are you supposed to add voltage to a graphics card for an OC?

Rob94hawk

2[H]4U
My X800XTPE will not go over 525mhz core without a pixel mismatch using ATITool. It also has the stock heatsink on but I also have the ArcticCooling4 for it that I haven't put on yet.

My BIOS settings can add 0.1-0.3 volts to the AGP. If I bump the voltage up to 0.1 will that help with the OC?

wont do a thing. the xt-pe is getting most of its power from the molex, and is regulated by a chip on the card.

youd have to do a hardmod on the card to get more volts to the core.

:eek: Geez :eek: voltmod a 800XTPE? would you really notice any difference?
or are you tying to win friends and influence people with the most pimp rig on the block?

Aren't car batterys 12 volts, can I just hook a car battery up to the core? :p

RM_Bulldog said:
:eek: Geez :eek: voltmod a 800XTPE? would you really notice any difference?
or are you tying to win friends and influence people with the most pimp rig on the block?

This is how it reads
poster- Will raising AGP voltage in the BIOS help my OC?
lithium - No, only a voltmod would do that.
you- OMG, you're going to voltmod an XT. You must have a small penis!

Very little along the lines of exaggeration is there. Just a summary hopefully short enough to soak in.

Poster thought AGP volts would have helped (which they don't). Lithium told him the whole story rather than simply post "no." Maybe you know these things and/or what people were talking about, but then its confusing why you find issue with it. In case he doesn't know the real side of the story, when people mention vmodding the core he'll know why now, and that the bios AGP volts is not that. No one is trying to win friends, guy was puzzled as to why he seemingly cant even get a couple MHz on the core and has made no mention of a desire to whip out the soldering iron. What exactly is the problem, that the question was answered fully, or that *gasp, the poster might have wanted to try +.1v through a simple BIOS setting. If AGP voltage did work it would be no different than adding a little juice to an FX53 via bios. Or would you not OC it at all? Sad either way with the whole "pimp rig" bit. For every overclocker this place has lost it seems 30 guys like you to diss people pop up. Kill him for being curious why dont you.

Back