Free Windoze XP SP2 CD from M$

five-by-five

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

...maybe if we order enough they will go outa business! :eek: j/k

Dude you rock, now I dont have to try and download it on my 56k.

rockz0r! ty

/IoWnZa

For some reason, SP2 doesn't show up when I go to the Windows Update site. It's kinda annoying, but now I have a solution! Muchas Gracias amigo! :cool:

Gen.Viper said:
For some reason, SP2 doesn't show up when I go to the Windows Update site. It's kinda annoying, but now I have a solution! Muchas Gracias amigo! :cool:
Warez copy?

Keith

you cant get sp2 through windows update . you have to turn on automatic update in windows.

I'm thinking that MS has pushed back the SP2 rollout for home users again. That's why it doesn't show up in windows update. I DL'd the network install and it worked fine, but I'm sure I read that MS was delaying the rollout...

Awesome; I just may try the auto update thing, cause I'm using Pro (The only XP anyone should own, other than perhaps an Athlon :cool: )

i got my cd a few days ago but i didn't need it cuz i just slipstreamed the IT version into my windows install disc

yeah, I also slipstreamed SP2 into my XP Pro disk and it works like a champ.

only bad side is that it added like 4 minutes to a typical XP installation time but thats okay.

4 minutes wont kill me too bad. :p

thanks for the link, but i'm not gonna bite yet. first, i don't want SP2 until they really fix all the crap with SP2 breaking programs. second, and more importantly, i don't really want Microsoft having my shipping address:p

and of course i don't need SP2 yet because windows XP still works. i'll wait till it starts crapping out on me to update;)

oh yeah <3 XP corporate:D

dropper said:
Warez copy?

Keith
No their update system sort of sucks.. First when it updates.. It says "Ready to Install" with no description at all.. Click that.. It'll take you to Express Install or Custom Install screen.. Click Custom, then you have the option to download SP2..

I saw this offer over at slickdeals and ordered one a few minutes ago.

Are people having many problems with the SP2 install? I notice alot of comments about it.

This order will be shipped via: standard. You should receive your CD within 4 - 6 weeks.

:)

thanks, even though i already downloaded it, but hey, CDs from micrioft always look official

compslckr said:
This order will be shipped via: standard. You should receive your CD within 4 - 6 weeks.
By that time Longhorn will be in its final release candidate stage and SP3 will be available for download.

rogue_jedi said:
second, and more importantly, i don't really want Microsoft having my shipping address:p
oh yeah <3 XP corporate:D

haha, I was about to hit submit, and then I thought twice....

B18_Cya said:
you cant get sp2 through windows update . you have to turn on automatic update in windows.

It's also very much INCORRECT. I got it via windows update at work today.

ahh, thanks. I don't even have xp, but I figure it will make good target practice, :p

you may not be able to get it at certain times when they have heavy load. that happened to me with a second computer the other day.

I ordered my copy last week, and i got it today, so they're not lagging too far behind. Yay for M$ being on top of things.

i also got mine in the mail today. i think i ordered it on thursday.

This is the first time m$ ever got anything to me quickly..
Got it today myself, ordered last week..

I got mine today as well. It sure does beat that last update CD. I got it a couple months after I ordered it.... kinda defeats the purpose.

Me, uh, 2......3...4....5...6...7....8....... yeah, 9!
Most ppl seem to really like this update... for once ;)

Gen.Viper said:
Awesome; I just may try the auto update thing, cause I'm using Pro (The only XP anyone should own, other than perhaps an Athlon :cool: )

Whats the difference between home and pro?

Nomad said:
By that time Longhorn will be in its final release candidate stage and SP3 will be available for download.

I received my CD today in the mail.

Back