the post pics of ur crazy modded vid card thread.

heres a few pics of the video card that i ghetto rigged a fan on.

its a gexcube RADEON9600PRO. but i bought it back when it was called giga cube.

Either way that shitty fan it comes with wasent cuttin the oc speeds i want to reach so i took off all that thermal glue and believe me that shit is like GLUE. I applied some thermal compound(some generic arctic silver) and slapped that 60mm stock barton 3200+ fan on it.
mini-IMAG0001.JPG

mini-IMAG0002.JPG

mini-IMAG0003.JPG

how ya like it?
i think there used to be a thread for this but i dont rmemember if it was before or after the forums were down for awhile.

ps..like my carpet?

i sthat a barton 2500 or lower stock HSF?

and if so howd he get it on czu i have one laying around and instead pf buying that VGA silencer i would put that on instead.

wouldn't all of that heatsink make it a bit....heavy

i think i would take that thing out before i go to a lan party

Before this thread roars to life - make sure you guys post some before/after temps/speeds.

GJ btw...Im too chicken-shat to do anything trick. =/

-=M=-

advanced101101 said:
I love when people put CPU HSFs on their GPUs, it just roars power!
heh im thinking of putting an AMD hsf on my 9800pro, just dont know if it will be too heavy for it, also im trying to decide wich one to use, copper or aluminum, stock or some other fancy stuff

wangFu said:
heh im thinking of putting an AMD hsf on my 9800pro, just dont know if it will be too heavy for it, also im trying to decide wich one to use, copper or aluminum, stock or some other fancy stuff

an aluminum will be fine for a video card, and i wouldnt worry about weight, video cards can how a lot

advanced101101 said:
an aluminum will be fine for a video card, and i wouldnt worry about weight, video cards can how a lot
cool, then ill set off on a look for an aluminum hsf for cheapo on a local store, or maybe ill set off to look for a used one on a repair shop, god im so cheap :D

wangFu said:
cool, then ill set off on a look for an aluminum hsf for cheapo on a local store, or maybe ill set off to look for a used one on a repair shop, god im so cheap :D

You dont need a $40 copper HSF you get superb cooling

ive got an old athlon 1GHZ HSF that i might actually put on my vid card today
ill post it and let ya know hwo it works out.

I don't have a PIC at the moment, but I put a Thermaltake Extreme Giant 3 cooling system on my x800XT-PE this weekend. It basically looks like the pictures in this review now:

http://www.techtastic.ca/reviews2/giant3-3.html

Got about 500 extra 3dmark 03 points out of the overclock I was able to do (without the blower on, which is way too loud. Memory didn't get much help, up to 572 from the original 560, but my GPU speed was easily clocked up from 520 to 564.

I am thinking of removing the blower and cutting some holes in the top piece of the heatsink and mounting a couple 60mm fans up there so that I get direct cooling to the RAM sinks and GPU heatsink. The air will blow across both sides of the card so it should help considerably with the RAM sinks which currently have no "active" cooling and a little with the GPU. Considering that 40mm squirrel cage blower with it's 3.5cfm helps people in reviews get another 10-15mhz out of their systems, I am hoping to get another 15mhz out of the RAM and 5-10 out of the GPU.

well i thought that fan was cool but you guys inspired me to do much much better to i got out my dremel my cordless saws-all and went to work.

mini-IMAG0002.JPG

mini-IMAG0003.JPG

mini-IMAG0004.JPG

this is the gex-cube radeon 9600PRO they have it at www.gameve.com if ur interested to see what stock looked like.

ATI's answer to Nvidia's SLI announcements:

ati_sli.jpg

Entry level cooling for the XT PE at stock clocks:

xtpe_mockup.jpg

And, last but not least, in a surprise collaboration between ATI, ABIT and the superstar band U2, I give you a top secret, never before seen view of the 9700pro "Rattle and Hum" Commemorative Edition:

ati_u2_edition.jpg

:p :D :eek:

Entry level cooling for the XT PE at stock clocks:
xtpe_mockup.jpg

How the hell does that actually fit in an AGP slot? It's looks like the Zalman fan would hit the mobo and prevent the card from being fully inserted (not to mention a small chance of shorting something). Quick! We need pics of it installed!

Umm... it don't fit in the AGP slot.

Hillarious and believeable for a second there.

OMG!!! You have way too much time and money.... Seriously do you just go buy $40 heatsincs and mod them to fit on vid cards only to take pics for our amusement???

If I remember right they actually do make a version of that zalman for a video card... and it's got a chunk missing from the side so that it CAN fit into an AGP slot.

M3ltd0Vvn said:
Before this thread roars to life - make sure you guys post some before/after temps/speeds.

GJ btw...Im too chicken-shat to do anything trick. =/

-=M=-
baaahahhahaha...roars to life...

this thread was originaly dead..but i bumped it...now it will be back... :rolleyes:

Back