Comcast Suffering Outages Nationwide

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Comcast subscriber and your cable TV service is out, you are not alone. According to sites like this, service is out all over the country. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

Last edited:
Maybe they are throttling themselves? I bet there's a computer generated email in the company general mailbox

Dear Comcast,
Due to your continued file sharing violations we are forced to suspend your Comcast service.

Well they did just offer me 350 down /25 up for $100 a month today. Since Google fibers in town.

Well they did just offer me 350 down /25 up for $100 a month today. Since Google fibers in town.
How can they believe that is a good deal when you can get a symmetrical 1 Gbps connection from Google for $70/month?

Time Warner's map has shown massive outage issues for Ohio since at least October. It's near March now with no resolution in sight.

http://downdetector.com/status/time-warner-cable/map/

But, that's how they all roll. TWC, Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, WOW, you name it they all have massive infrastructure issues and do jack all to fix it because 90% of the time places with regular outages have no competition or they've got identical pricing schemes that are always on an upward trend.

I have TWC. I would say I've actually had pretty good service from them. So far, no data caps. When i have had issues, the technicians are decent (once you get past the call center people - they really don't know much beyond just rebooting your equipment.)

In fact, I had a support tech that had to come out today. I'm supports to have 50M service, but have been experiencing inconsistent data rates. This guy said my area is going to be upgraded "soon" - people with 50M service get upgraded to 300. We'll see about that.

"TV service"? What is this vestigial form of entertainment people keep going on about?

I'm in one of those areas and mine working fine today.
As with everything Comcast, you can take whatever is wrong and multiply it x10 in the court of public opinion. Not like they haven't done that to themselves, but anything related to them is rarely anywhere as bad as you read online.

I think more than Comcast is being affected. I lost internet connection a few times on my smartphone (LTE T-Mobile). That's never happened until today.

I start to notice these outages. I just switched over to comcast an year ago and only had 2 outages(within this month). Though it isn't a problem since when it happened, it was at 1am and only lasted for under an hour. I hope it won't get any worse!

I'm in one of those areas and mine working fine today.
As with everything Comcast, you can take whatever is wrong and multiply it x10 in the court of public opinion. Not like they haven't done that to themselves, but anything related to them is rarely anywhere as bad as you read online.

As someone who lives in a town with only Comcast as a option for any real internet speed I can tell you 100% you're full of shit. My experience with them is WORSE than is often heard and as is everyone in my city. Regular outages often times one or two times a day. Got blocked out of our account for over a year unable to pay until we were disconnected and walled-garden came up to pay reconnect fees.

They would not reset out account despite asking over and over for a year, finally got them to do so with legal threat. Our bill is constantly going up and we only have internet, started 50$ now it's %90 in 3 years. Speed is all over the board due to local infrastructure that has not been updated to handle the capacity requirements of this area, that's all over the city because it has grown so much. Finding a Comcast truck doing work on their infrastructure is like finding a Sasquatch and you'd probably find the creature before the truck.

I can go on and on dude. Google fiber is coming soon and just like we did Media One, the city is likely to ban them from doing business here anymore, good fucking riddance.

Meanwhile my SlingTV over Comcast internet works fine. :p

And yes I'm in one of the affected areas on that map.

didn't notice it here.... but wasn't really heavy into the internet surfing as [H]ard OCP was down for maint. :p

Yeah, there is a comcast outage in the town I live. Its of the permanent type, seeing how they canceled all there subscribers and shut down their service here.

Back