Life-Size BB-8 Available This Year For $179

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Those of you who got the Sphero version may have a little buyer’s remorse now that there’s a much larger version, which happens to be priced similarly. I’m sure this would be perfect for pissing your cat off.

BB-8 has already had a number of miniature models released, but they pale in comparison to the full-size model shown by Spin Master at the Toy Fair this year. The toy looks and sounds exactly like BB-8 does in the movie, and the team is working closely with Lucasfilm to get everything right. Not only can you control BB-8 with a controller — which looked very smooth — you can also use voice commands. The droid can detect which directions sounds come from and is able to act on different commands, like “BB-8, come here,” where it will look at you and move toward you.

Looks great, but I'm sure I trust Spinmaster to make anything right, those guys have a history of spewing out cut-rate junk. I'd pay more for a Life-Size BB8 made by Sphero.

Looks great, but I'm sure I trust Spinmaster to make anything right, those guys have a history of spewing out cut-rate junk. I'd pay more for a Life-Size BB8 made by Sphero.

*NOT sure I trust Spinmaster*

Back