Teenager Arrested Over Recent US Government Hacks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember the teenage hacker going by the alias "cracka" that somehow got into the e-mail account of the head of the CIA? Well, as we predicted, the kid has been arrested and all his friends have turned on him.

A 15-year-old boy who goes by the name "cracka" was arrested earlier this week for his part in a number of security breaches. He's part of the group "Crackas with Attitude" who made news back in October for breaking into the personal email of CIA head John Brennan. The group went on to access several accounts owned by Director of National Intelligence James Clapper last month.

What's more, "cracka's" associates told The Daily Dot that he was also responsible for leaking personal info of nearly 30,000 Homeland Security employees and FBI personnel this week. The group "Crackas with Attitude" typically posts news of breaches with a Pro-Paletinian message. They've said the hacks won't stop until the US government breaks ties with Israel. "cracka" was arrested on suspicion of three cyber crimes related to the hacks on Tuesday, but he was reportedly released on "unconditional bail."

Ohhh this could get really nasty for this kid and his friends.
I'm thinking the writer meant "pro-Palestinian" above, but given that they were making demands that were terroristic in nature, and this demand is when they are doing damaging things in order to influence foreign policy, that's terrorism at it's basic definition.

I imagine the US is looking this over hard trying to decide whether to have these kids extradited and charged.

On the one hand, these are kids and it's doesn't seem worse than really bad ideas for a prank.

On the other hand, the demands are no joke. Leaking the data from on FBI and DHS employees is no joke. And messing with Clapper and Brennan, even if it's just their personal email accounts, this also isn't a joke.

If I had to bet, the US is waiting to see what the Brits get the kids to admit to. If this one kid Cracka did most of the really ballsie stuff and turns out to be like a ringleader, they might settle for just crushing his balls. Otherwise they may go after them all to one degree or another.

Read the article...

And the kid is part of a cracking group that is anti-Semitic.

I bet the Islamic terrorists are loving this group.

Read the article...

And the kid is part of a cracking group that is anti-Semitic.

I bet the Islamic terrorists are loving this group.

The link said nothing about the group being anti-Semitic. Is said the group pushes a pro-Palestinian message and wants the US to cut ties with Israel.

I get the feeling that being pro-Palestinian has less to do with actual support for Palestinians and more to do with wanting to fuck with the establishment. Seems like the "cool" think to do these days if you're bored and anti-social, but need to justify your actions.

Probably hurts the Palestinians the most because they think they have more support than they actually do. Kinda like tools wearing Che shirts but have no idea of the reality behind it.

Also, shame on you Steve for calling this bullshit "hacks", you really should know better.

Craka, you sir are going to be made an example of. No doubt he's going to give up all kinds of information.

I sense some jail time, followed by a job offer.

In an entertaining bit of creative advertising, Engadget showed me a link to a Dr. Dre story on an article about Crackas With Attitude.

I get the feeling that being pro-Palestinian has less to do with actual support for Palestinians and more to do with wanting to fuck with the establishment. Seems like the "cool" think to do these days if you're bored and anti-social, but need to justify your actions.

Probably hurts the Palestinians the most because they think they have more support than they actually do. Kinda like tools wearing Che shirts but have no idea of the reality behind it.

Entirely possible, nothing really solid to support it, but entirely possible.

The kid is not too bright and thinks that he's not going to get caught fucking around with some upper echelon officials. If Bin Laden couldn't hide, what makes him think they won't catch his ass either? I hope they nail his ass to the wall. He just endangered the lives of agent with that list he exposed.

Well now, that's part of it right? The kid's not too bright, a kid doing stupid kid shit. Still it was serious shit as well.

It's not the first time a kid has done some stupid shit that was much more serious then they realized.

As serious is this is, I think it's one of those times that the grownups need to dish out some serious "alternate learning experiences". Someone needs to think up some very creative punishment that fits the damn crime. I don't know if the Brits are still capable of this but I would hope so.

Remember, he was only successful because other adults were lax in their security. If they hadn't fucked up he wouldn't have got anywhere at all.

I just throw this out there as something worth discussing to see how much traction it gets with you guys.

As serious is this is, I think it's one of those times that the grownups need to dish out some serious "alternate learning experiences". Someone needs to think up some very creative punishment that fits the damn crime.

I believe they will but we won't hear about it, though.

The link said nothing about the group being anti-Semitic. Is said the group pushes a pro-Palestinian message and wants the US to cut ties with Israel.

They are against Israel.

That in my book is anti-Semitic.

What is your definition?

I just want to say i expected some "cracka jail" jokes when i came into the comments section about this topic. Good for you guys, took the serious road.

Having said that, this kid isnt a hacker, and he definatly should be charged with some severe punishments waiting for him at the end. Can you imagine what will happen if he gets a simple slap on the wrist? What kind of standards this would make?

Well now, that's part of it right? The kid's not too bright, a kid doing stupid kid shit. Still it was serious shit as well.

It's not the first time a kid has done some stupid shit that was much more serious then they realized.

As serious is this is, I think it's one of those times that the grownups need to dish out some serious "alternate learning experiences". Someone needs to think up some very creative punishment that fits the damn crime. I don't know if the Brits are still capable of this but I would hope so.

Remember, he was only successful because other adults were lax in their security. If they hadn't fucked up he wouldn't have got anywhere at all.

I just throw this out there as something worth discussing to see how much traction it gets with you guys.

If anything the kid just exposed the ineptitude of our federal government's intelligence directors. Who better to do so than a 15 year old kid? Better him than foreign governments IMO. Leaking all that information has some very serious implications no (doubt) but at 15 years old I don't think one can truly understand the ramifications of something like that.

They are against Israel.

That in my book is anti-Semitic.

What is your definition?
There are a plethora of reasons to not support Israel which have nothing to do with being an anti-Semite.

Back