Facebook Steps Up Efforts Against Terrorism

HardOCP News

[H] News
Even though it looks like Facebook is taking terrorism seriously, the quote below cracked me up:

Facebook takes a hard line toward terrorism and terrorists, she said. "If it's the leader of Boko Haram and he wants to post pictures of his two-year-old and some kittens, that would not be allowed," said Ms. Bickert, Facebook's head of global policy management. Facebook has strengthened the process over the past year.

pro terrorist, allow them to post pictures on facebook, preferably of them and their goat girlfriends.

:)

This is a really strange area we are entering.

One hand, facebook is a private company, to me no different then this or any other forum. They can make the rules as they want.

However, on the other hand that have become the outlet of mass communication. And Twitter is in the same boat. It would be like if Clear Channel bought all the TV and Radio stations (which isn't far from reality) and then said "Well we only approve of certain topics, cause we are a private company and have that right".

At some point it becomes legalized control of speech and dissidents. Which is great for some. What about when they decide to start banning terrorists like the Oregon "federal building" standoff?

Thank god we live in a world where the majority of our electronic communications are monitored and recorded by someone that has our best interest as top priority. Terrorists want to let us infidels know that they want to kill us well by all means let us know. Let's not hide it and pretend it doesn't exist. Let's not pretend the world is all sunshine and happiness when it's far from it. I don't use FB\twitter and I don't need them to discern what is acceptable for me or not. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Back