Aggressive IRS Scammers Resort To Swatting

HardOCP News

[H] News
Scumbag scammers are now actually resorting to swatting people when they refuse to cooperate with their scams. :eek:

"I got a scam phone call...saying I owed back taxes," victim Jim Davis said. "And, of course, it scared me, so I decided to go along with it...he said it was 'Officer David Brown' [with the IRS], gave me his badge number, and he told me to go to the bank and get the money so I could pay my back taxes from 2009 to 2013. When I got to the bank, I talked to Shannon, the manager at the bank, and she told me she heard there was a scam going around for IRS tax evasion."

These people deserve a serious beating!
Taze, mace and then beat the snot out of these buttholes!

The saddest part is that the reputation of the IRS is such that people believe these scams.

Does make you rethink the whole "cruel and unusual punishment" thing doesn't it?

Really, I hold your average bank robber, car thief, purse snatcher, etc above these guys. They are only one step above child molesters and rapists.

At least for once it is nice to hear that the police didn't just kick the door in and actually made calls. Although that is odd that they don't show up on the caller id. Every time I have been called by 911, the local police or the sheriff it has very clearly stated on the caller ID who was calling me.

Does make you rethink the whole "cruel and unusual punishment" thing doesn't it?

Really, I hold your average bank robber, car thief, purse snatcher, etc above these guys. They are only one step above child molesters and rapists.

I agree. That is a reason we have some of these crime happen so often is that we can't actually punish people or remove them from the planet without some fucking group crying their eyes out.

IMO, they're only trying to do their jobs, so it's out of line to talk about the IRS that way.

Anybody who responds to a phonecall is not too bright. The IRS does business through the mail so you would receive an official letter stating their intent and not a phonecall.

The saddest part is that the reputation of the IRS is such that people believe these scams.

The saddest part of it is people not understanding how the process works. Sure the IRS can be a jerk and scary and mike life hell, but they don't do this nonsense. The thing is, like anyone else, the IRS wants the money, not to lock people up. And they can't do that anyway. And you'd really have to doing something pretty fucked up anyway for the to be charged with a tax crime. Unpaid taxes ani't that. Filing false claims, now yeah, that will get you in some serious trouble.

I'm back to advocate the death penalty for swatters. Let's just get them off of our planet so we can go back to being at least slightly civilized.

This happened to my sister in law. It was the first year she filed her own taxes and she gets a scary but fishy call like this.. She just called the Sheriff to see if there really was a warrant for her arrest.. There wasn't..
Swatting would bring this to an entire new level. Bastards anyway! :mad:

This happened to my sister in law. It was the first year she filed her own taxes and she gets a scary but fishy call like this.. She just called the Sheriff to see if there really was a warrant for her arrest.. There wasn't..

Just need to lie back to them.
"Please give me your name and badge number, since my husband is an IRS agent I'm sure he can clear up this misunderstanding."

"Warrant? My brother's the local police chief, so I better give him a call to clear this up."

The left a message in my voicemail with a phone number, IRS and a warrant is out for my arrest.
Using *67 I called back asked if I was in trouble. Asked my name I said Mr. Johnson.
With just that name they looked up my tax record and from 2013 I qwed 6534$.
I had him on the phone for a half hour, his accent was so heavy I had him repeat everything he said a few times.
Well after I agreed to pay he turned me over to his manager for instructions on how to pay.
After keeping him on the hook for five minutes I asked him why he is such an asshole and why not get a real job.
I called back a few times and changed my voice, they finally cought on and hung up right away with the *67 blocked call.
Called the loacal police with the number and they said "Nothing we can do, can't trace the call"

People are so stupid too. If there's "a warrant out for your arrest", are the authorities gonna politely ask you over the phone to go meet them at the local bank and withdraw money or are they gonna break down your door and arrest your ass?

Back