Anything upcoming from AMD?

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking to go from my 2560x1080 21:9 to 3440x1440 but not sure if I should go Freesync or Gsync. Currently running a 290X under water which never gets above 43C so I can keep what ever plenty cool with a RX480 dedicated to GPU cooling. I've read that the card I have now is plenty fine for normal use with the slated resolution and for older games at max settings but today's games I will have problems with FPS and ultra/max settings. So I'm looking at possibly switching over to the dark side with a 980TI or grabbing a Freesync monitor and waiting for the next AMD flavor.

The monitor I'm really looking at is the XR341CK or it's replacement the XR342CK both of which are Freesync compatible. Acer also has the Gysnc line of the same monitor series I've also been looking at.

you sure you don't mean upchucking ..looks to me as AMD is in trouble and has been for a bit .. i do hope they recover ,, miss the days when the 9800 pro ruled ..ahh the memories :)

err wait that was still ATI then ... i do have hope AMD gets their act together tho .. i know i hadda dump my last AMD card and make the green team move last year hopefully the dropping support for older gen cards will allow better support in the future designs

cpu wise i will always spend the extra $ to go intel .. amd has not impressed me in that dept in years ..

Last edited:
you sure you don't mean upchucking ..looks to me as AMD is in trouble and has been for a bit .. i do hope they recover ,, miss the days when the 9800 pro ruled ..ahh the memories :)

err wait that was still ATI then ... i do have hope AMD gets their act together tho .. i know i hadda dump my last AMD card and make the green team move last year hopefully the dropping support for older gen cards will allow better support in the future designs

cpu wise i will always spend the extra $ to go intel .. amd has not impressed me in that dept in years ..

Stay classy noobie.;)

Another quality post from a Noobie. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, Polaris is on the horizon and I fully expect to see it released before Pascal. Judging by what they've shown so far, we may have a set of cards that could be on an equal level with Nvidia when it comes to performance per watt. Interested to see what both camps bring to the table!

Yeah Polaris is definitely looking to be this year around June/July if predictions are to be believed. There have been the normal samples spotted around which lay credence to the speculation. Nvidias Pascal could be as early but the highend 980Ti replacement is supposed to be end of year early next, again if speculation is to be believed.

Yeah Polaris is definitely looking to be this year around June/July if predictions are to be believed. There have been the normal samples spotted around which lay credence to the speculation. Nvidias Pascal could be as early but the highend 980Ti replacement is supposed to be end of year early next, again if speculation is to be believed.

About those predictions aren't they more or less a wordplay, We'll release Polaris. But it remains to be seen if that is their flagship GPU rather then the powersaving mainstream solution(s) we saw tested in the demo at CES 2016?

About those predictions aren't they more or less a wordplay, We'll release Polaris. But it remains to be seen if that is their flagship GPU rather then the powersaving mainstream solution(s) we saw tested in the demo at CES 2016?

Sorry, should have stated it was based on shipping manifests of samples as usually show up before release. Think some spoke to 2 being HBM with others 4-6 maybe being midrange to low end releases.

Back