The First YouTube Red Originals Are Now Available

HardOCP News

[H] News
Are any of you paying for YouTube Red? Personally, there is no way I would pay $9.99 a month for this content. That is more than I pay for Hulu and the same price as Netflix. :confused:

If you're already a subscriber, you can keep up with all the releases at the YouTube Red channel. The service costs $9.99 a month, which includes ad-free and offline YouTube video access, and a subscription to Google Music. It's only available in the US right now, but those abroad in some applicable countries will be able to pay for access to the original videos.

Yeah, for now I'm not feeling it. There's just so many subscriptions services now it's getting pricy to keep up.

Yes and no. I have a G music subscription, (which use to be the cheaper preview price but I went to a family plan)

Besides not getting the same T-mobile ad with every video I watch - or the add windows at the bottom, I also get this stuff, which I don't care about.

I'm already paying for Google Music, so I guess I'm technically paying for YouTube Red. Looking at those shows, I can understand why they bundled it with the Music sub. Now they can claim they have so Red subscribers, like they did with forcing people into G+. Because I don't see many people subbing for just this crap at that price. With the money Google has, there is no reason they couldn't have produced some super high quality shows to justify the price.

As you'd expect, the initial crop of videos feature some of the service's biggest personalities, including PewDiePie and Lilly Singh. Also included are Rooster Teeth's feature-length movie Lazer Team and AwesomenessTV's Dance Camp.

Thank you, but I'll manage somehow.

Thank you, but I'll manage somehow.

Lazerteam is a good movie. Watched it during its special screening run and on my special Blu-ray backer copy. Can't say anything about the rest but that is at least one good movie on that list if you are into sci-fi comedy.

cant wait for more subscribing media! Soon its gonna cost us more than cable!

I got a Red subscription because I already had Google Music at 7.99$. I think it's a nice perk as I hate ads and now I get special content so win-win.

cant wait for more subscribing media! Soon its gonna cost us more than cable!

HOWEVER you are selecting what you are subscribing to. Isn't that what people wanted? they get to select what they get instead of being forced to take shit they don't want.

I subscribe to likely 100+ youtube user accounts, so I watch a lot of videos on youtube. So I subscribe to Youtube Red. It is really nice not having the ads.

I love the youtube red service. Not only are there no commercials on youtube, I gained access to Google Music as well.

No thanks I'm fine with out this, I use youtube to get ideas on how to fix my weed eater, chainsaw or change brakes on my truck. I do edit and post our church sermons every Sunday and Wednesday. I'm fine with the TV off period.

I love the youtube red service. Not only are there no commercials on youtube, I gained access to Google Music as well.

you can download videos for offline viewing, and you can still listen to the audio of a video with your phone screen locked.

Now for the last one I have already had that on my windows phone as being forced to use IE and not a youtube app that has already worked for me. But now people that use the app on the other platforms can do this.

I subscribe to likely 100+ youtube user accounts, so I watch a lot of videos on youtube. So I subscribe to Youtube Red. [B]It is really nice not having the ads.[/B]

You can get that for free already with ad blockers.

If it included like movies and tv I would give it a serious consideration. As it is no, I don't believe Youtube creators are worth a monthly subscription. I usually don't see Google Ads since I rarely use the official site or app. Most of the Youtube channels I use are news, or they have paid sponsors. Google music doesn't interest me as I find Spotify to be much more versatile.

Still can't get over the name and what comes to mind every time I read/hear it.

Like many others, not feeling it. Seems like a cheap knock-off of netflix originals starring youtubes biggest stars (the general odea, it the content itself).

I can't complain about youtube red/Google play music though. Payed .99 for 3 months, enjoying it thus far.

I subscribe to likely 100+ youtube user accounts, so I watch a lot of videos on youtube. So I subscribe to Youtube Red. It is really nice not having the ads.

Adblock does the same thing for free.

If you use adblock, please disable it for [H]ard Forum.

If it included like movies and tv I would give it a serious consideration. As it is no, I don't believe Youtube creators are worth a monthly subscription. I usually don't see Google Ads since I rarely use the official site or app. Most of the Youtube channels I use are news, or they have paid sponsors. Google music doesn't interest me as I find Spotify to be much more versatile.

They will have some movies on there also, nothing big name like you have on say Netflix but people will release movies through the platform. Lazer Team was the first.

No shit...does no one here use Adblock on YouTube? I haven't seen a YT ad in years and years.

It's 2016 people, get with the times.

Sadly, some of us still have to deal with them at work, since we can't install Adblock. At home, I just download the videos. That way I can just dump the video on my phone and not waste my bandwidth. Not so much bandwidth really though, since I have an unlimited plan, but cause service is spotty in Germany.

There is so much good free content on YT, I can't imagine why I would ever pay for red. I already have netflix and Prime. At around $20/mo I have more content than I can possibly watch available anytime. I just don't see YTR justifying itself ever for me. I suppose those that get it bundled with music are fine, but I paid for my music collection many years ago and converted it to digital so I'm good. :D

I have been paying for Google Music for a long while now, I get the discounted rate they offered to beta participants, the addition of YouTube Red is nice I guess, though I like others have been "ad free" for years, so the main perk of having it is moot, definitely would not pay extra for it.

Back