Microsoft Now Offers Release Notes For Windows 10 Updates

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft has announced a new Windows 10 Update History website that provides users with detailed information on Windows 10 updates as they are rolled out.

We're committed to our customers and strive to incorporate their feedback, both in how we deliver Windows as a service and the info we provide about Windows 10. In response to this feedback, we’re providing more details about the Windows 10 updates we deliver through Windows Update. You'll see a summary of important product developments included in each update, with links to more details. This page will be regularly refreshed, as new updates are released.

Last edited:
Cool. So no more "secret" updates? Are we still being forced though? I guess it doesn't matter unless we get to pick and choose.

Now to disclose what telemetry and private data is being shared. If they come clean, I will gladly upgrade to Windows 10. Not until then. Well, except for my two HTPCs where they will strip out Media Center. Which are consequently my only gaming machines (directx 12, i'm screwed). Your move, Microsoft.

The biggest question is what took Microsoft so long? People are not a fan of mystery meat.

They need to do this for all updates. Each needs to have a detail of what is changed, etc. This is essential for windows 7 updafes. Each update needs to explicitly state if its intention is to upgrade you to windows 10. That way it is easy for people to skip them and hide them. Actually, what would be simpler is to release an update that allows a user to completely opt out of updating to 10.

Certainly beats the phantom updates. In particular since moving to Win10, I've noticed a lot more updates and the general "feeling" that I know less about the update than I used to.

I like this but would love a way to tell that Win 10 upgrade thing to F OFF i need my media center PC the way it is.

Is it printed on toilet paper or something useful like that?

Honestly I have used Win10 very little >/= 40hr mostly to find people lost crap and get their home stuff working. I just have not made the dive as I like my system Win7 just the way it is as it runs very well and can not see making a change until a new system is built and skylake didn't sell me.

Back