Verizon Said to Enlist AOL CEO Armstrong to Explore Yahoo Deal

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not an expert on the subject but I think it is safe to say your company is in trouble when AOL is interested in a buy out. :eek:

Verizon Communications Inc. has given Tim Armstrong, chief executive officer of its AOL unit, a leading role in exploring a possible bid for Yahoo! Inc. assets, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Late last week, and as far back as December, Verizon has said “yes” when asked whether it was interested in purchasing some or all of the struggling company.

Whoever buys it. They must be on drugs. Anyone remembers the Time Warner Cable AOL $ 160 billion dollae deal. Wtf was that about...lol

I wish that Microsoft had been able to buy them ... Yahoo is my primary email address ... I would hate to lose it

I wish that Microsoft had been able to buy them ... Yahoo is my primary email address ... I would hate to lose it

Same here. I'm still actually using my yahoo mail to keep in touch with several of my friends. :eek:

I just recently started a yahoo email because the specialized group I needed to join for educational purposes required an yahoo address. If yahoo joins up with AOL I will abandon and delete that account as AOL is my most hated pos ever. Well at least pretty far up the list of things I strongly dislike and will not use.

Another Yahoo email user. Wonder how those AT&T customers that were given Yahoo accounts will fare?

I've been a Yahoo email user for 10 years. I have bills etc. that are sent to me using this email address. What a pain it would be to change it after all these years if the new owners mess with it.

Whoever buys it. They must be on drugs. Anyone remembers the Time Warner Cable AOL $ 160 billion dollae deal. Wtf was that about...lol

I remember that; didn't take long for the company to lose half its value...

I've been a Yahoo email user for 10 years. I have bills etc. that are sent to me using this email address. What a pain it would be to change it after all these years if the new owners mess with it.

It'll take you less than a week to sort everything out if you are tech smart.

I did this myself and with my parents who are tech unsavvy. I told them to take a list of every bill, order, account that came in via email and then login to the site and transfer the account to the email address. Make a list in a spreadsheet that you did this already. By the end of the month they were off YaHell and onto Gmail.

Back