The Division SweetFX Mod

He should have split screened that. Because those of is who haven't played it don't know what's improved.

He should have split screened that. Because those of is who haven't played it don't know what's improved.

Yep. I've watched a few videos of gameplay, and I'd be hardpressed to see what the difference is.
All I know is that I like what I've seen so far. Albeit the 3rd view is a bit of a break with most games I've played, but I don't dislike it. I wonder if a 1st person view is optional.

Yep. I've watched a few videos of gameplay, and I'd be hardpressed to see what the difference is.
All I know is that I like what I've seen so far. Albeit the 3rd view is a bit of a break with most games I've played, but I don't dislike it. I wonder if a 1st person view is optional.

nope, 3rd person only.

I have yet to cancel my preorder through amazon... (i preordered just to get the beta key)

It has potential... I'll be all over this if the SweeFX mod is "allowed", meaning Ubisoft doesn't shit the bed and throw a tantrum banning accounts over it. It adds back in a little bit of what looks to have been ripped out since the E3 vids.

So wait... can someone please explain why this game is supposed to be good? I'm usually prett spot-on when it comes to predicting how games will turn out, but a LOT of people see this game as 'pretty good' when I want to fall asleep every time I hear about it. Last time this happened was with Destiny, and, lets just say it: I was right that time.

Someone PLEASE explain to me what this game is about, what is the point, what makes it different?

So wait... can someone please explain why this game is supposed to be good? I'm usually prett spot-on when it comes to predicting how games will turn out, but a LOT of people see this game as 'pretty good' when I want to fall asleep every time I hear about it. Last time this happened was with Destiny, and, lets just say it: I was right that time.

Someone PLEASE explain to me what this game is about, what is the point, what makes it different?

Quit being lazy and go watch videos, read user opinions, articles, etc. Please tell US why YOU think it's so horrible.

Quit being lazy and go watch videos, read user opinions, articles, etc. Please tell US why YOU think it's so horrible.

That's the thing, I've watched videos and whatnot, and I still really have NO idea what this game even is. The PR has been absolutely terrible. I can tell it's multiplayer, but is it adversarial? Is it purely cooperative? Does it have a singleplayer mode?

I can tell the environments are in-depth, but is it free-roaming? Is it on-rails, or is it semi-open (like borderlands)? Is it a WYSIWYG style game where any piece of geometry is navigable and every crevice welcome for your character to explore?

It looks pretty post-apocalyptic, yet the whole game is about a (seemingly) highly organised 'division' of a military or law enforcement with space-age technology? Civilians are scattered about, is this a Tom Clancy GTA?

More to the point: What the heck is the point? What is the goal?

Honestly, If I were the PR director of Tom Clany's Games, I would hang my head in shame. If someone like me, mega nerd who reads HardOCP, Toms Hardware, Anandtech everyday and watches HOURS of lets-plays on youtube and twich every day has NO IDEA what the heck this game is about, what does Joe Fratboy think when he sees the commercial while watching sportsball? What entices Dad McProvider to buy this game for his teenage kid for his/her birthday?

I mean seriously, like I said, the last game that I was in this sort of mood over was Destiny. And sure enough, that game had very little going for it outside of what was seen in the trailers. The reason I'm so vocal is because at least the graphics look REALLY good in this game. I almost WANT this game to be good, just to help push PC hardware and thus the industry... but nobody can really answer those questions.

Heh let's see if Ubisoft slaps them with a cease and desist order citing copyright infringement.

what does Joe Fratboy think when he sees the commercial while watching sportsball? What entices Dad McProvider to buy this game for his teenage kid for his/her birthday?

If you are half the nerd you claim to be, you would understand. I clipped your rant to the relevant parts.

Basically, fight the power, pew pew, doesn't this look realistic. Drink Coors, read Maxim, nuff said. Doesn't take much to market to those people.

If you are half the nerd you claim to be, you would understand. I clipped your rant to the relevant parts.

Basically, fight the power, pew pew, doesn't this look realistic. Drink Coors, read Maxim, nuff said. Doesn't take much to market to those people.

I completely agree.

So essentially this game is Tom Clancy's CoD? Why are people so excited over it? I WANT to be excited for this game, but I just don't see what others see.

That's the thing, I've watched videos and whatnot, and I still really have NO idea what this game even is. The PR has been absolutely terrible. I can tell it's multiplayer, but is it adversarial? Is it purely cooperative? Does it have a singleplayer mode?

I can tell the environments are in-depth, but is it free-roaming? Is it on-rails, or is it semi-open (like borderlands)? Is it a WYSIWYG style game where any piece of geometry is navigable and every crevice welcome for your character to explore?

It looks pretty post-apocalyptic, yet the whole game is about a (seemingly) highly organised 'division' of a military or law enforcement with space-age technology? Civilians are scattered about, is this a Tom Clancy GTA?

More to the point: What the heck is the point? What is the goal?

Honestly, If I were the PR director of Tom Clany's Games, I would hang my head in shame. If someone like me, mega nerd who reads HardOCP, Toms Hardware, Anandtech everyday and watches HOURS of lets-plays on youtube and twich every day has NO IDEA what the heck this game is about, what does Joe Fratboy think when he sees the commercial while watching sportsball? What entices Dad McProvider to buy this game for his teenage kid for his/her birthday?

I mean seriously, like I said, the last game that I was in this sort of mood over was Destiny. And sure enough, that game had very little going for it outside of what was seen in the trailers. The reason I'm so vocal is because at least the graphics look REALLY good in this game. I almost WANT this game to be good, just to help push PC hardware and thus the industry... but nobody can really answer those questions.

What the hell videos are you watching? There are shit ton of videos that show off the game and would answer that. Even the game's site would answer your questions.

The game is an open world 3rd person RPG. The storyline is New York is hit on black Friday with a virus that kills off a lot of people. In the days that follow the city goes to shit with water and all other services shutting down. What is left of the police, army, first responders all team up to try to restore some order and help the people. You play the game as a member of The Division and go out on quest to restore the city. To do so you find people such as drs and other and bring them back to your HQ to rebuild it and work on getting medical services, security and technology sectors back to a point of being able to help those left while fighting street games and private security who is trying to take over the city.

The story line is single player or co-op, you can match make for quest or try to go out on your own. There is a PVP area to the game where you can better weapons but you also have to watch your back against other players, story mode area is PVE.

I have no idea how you can't know what the game is about as there are multiple videos on here showing off game play. There are multiple lets plays that show off the beta and its entire play though, there are multiple videos that tell exactly what the story is. If you don't know what the game is about that is because you are avoiding every piece of info about it.

What the hell videos are you watching? There are shit ton of videos that show off the game and would answer that. Even the game's site would answer your questions.

The game is an open world 3rd person RPG. The storyline is New York is hit on black Friday with a virus that kills off a lot of people. In the days that follow the city goes to shit with water and all other services shutting down. What is left of the police, army, first responders all team up to try to restore some order and help the people. You play the game as a member of The Division and go out on quest to restore the city. To do so you find people such as drs and other and bring them back to your HQ to rebuild it and work on getting medical services, security and technology sectors back to a point of being able to help those left while fighting street games and private security who is trying to take over the city.

The story line is single player or co-op, you can match make for quest or try to go out on your own. There is a PVP area to the game where you can better weapons but you also have to watch your back against other players, story mode area is PVE.

I have no idea how you can't know what the game is about as there are multiple videos on here showing off game play. There are multiple lets plays that show off the beta and its entire play though, there are multiple videos that tell exactly what the story is. If you don't know what the game is about that is because you are avoiding every piece of info about it.

I wouldn't say I'm avoiding it: More accurately is that none of the released media is drawing me to find out more. USUALLY I'm pretty much in agreement with the rest of the world when I have that opinion, but this time everyone seems to see something I don't: and that's never a good feeling!

Thanks for the rundown, as I tried watching some videos to find this out, and honestly YOUR couple of paragraphs provided more info than pretty much ALL the videos I've found.

Still not interested, but now its more of a 'not my thing' rather than a "how did this get published" sort of feeling.

even if it looked better or this good the gameplay still is severely lacking any excitement what so ever. :rolleyes:

From what i have read, this is online open world RPG. So, there is no single player campaign i would assume? I'm not a fan of online games, so it appears i will pass on this one. The graphics do look good though. Cannot tell about the mod.

Back