Zuckerberg: Facebook Will Have 5 Billion Users By 2030

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
That is an impressive estimate, but how many of those will be fake accounts?

By 2030, Facebook aims to have 5 billion of the world’s 7 billion humans connected to its social network, a 3.5-billion jump that could be accomplished in part by deploying autonomous planes. CEO Mark Zuckerberg made the comments Monday during an event at the company’s new Frank Gehry-designed headquarters designed to celebrate Facebook’s 12th anniversary Thursday, which it has dubbed Friends Day.

Is he saying Facebook will have 5 billion of the 7 billion alive today in 2030? Because I would assume our population growth hasn't plateaued and that we will be at least 8 billion strong by then.

Or maybe he knows that the powers that be have a plan to sterilize humanity to stop population growth. Genophage ftw.

That would be the biggest tongue slip in history.

And yet I still don't have a Facebook account and I never will. Never had a MySpace, LinkedIn, or any other major "social networking" site account, never will.

Been "online" since the 1970s, not sure where all these new folk keep coming from but sometimes I wish they'd just go away. ;)

He won't have me on Facebook. Not now, not ever. Also, I think he's dreaming about 5 billion members of Facebook. That'll never happen.

5 Billion accounts sure, but what they don't tell you is that by that point all 5 Billion accounts will belong to Mark Zuckerberg himself.

Nobody is gonna be using FB by 2030, let alone in 2020.

i know i made my dad about 10 accounts and i have 5 atleast

Unique users? Not a snowballs chance in hell. They haven't even cracked a billion unique users at this point. Perhaps he meant 4 billion Bots and duplicate accounts. :rolleyes:

I've had an alias account many years just to check on other accounts referenced on the forum. I even have friends who know me and went to school with me.:eek: I find the whole thing hilarious. :D

How many of those accounts will be bots? And how many will be corporates?

Well he did say that planes would be autonomous by then too, so take that prediction into account.

I believe it. If you don't you're fooling yourselves.

FB wants to act as national ID service (with appropriately strict identity verification procedures), online voting precinct, and all around big brother. You'll need a FB account to vote or travel and it will be illegal to use anything but your full real name if they get their way.

FB is a Millennials thing (and a Baby Boomers who want to be cool, Gen X skipped it), if you look at teenagers today, then you will find a whole bunch of them don't give a shit about FB. So where exactly is Sugarmountain going to get his 5 B users ...

FB wants to act as national ID service (with appropriately strict identity verification procedures), online voting precinct, and all around big brother. You'll need a FB account to vote or travel and it will be illegal to use anything but your full real name if they get their way.

So they want to be Google+? Google wanted my birth certificate and SSN for me to create an account.

FB is a Millennials thing (and a Baby Boomers who want to be cool, Gen X skipped it), if you look at teenagers today, then you will find a whole bunch of them don't give a shit about FB. So where exactly is Sugarmountain going to get his 5 B users ...

Not sure why you think Gen X skipped it. I know plenty of Gen X people on there. Will agree about the teenagers today. They are off on other sites and services, so yeah don't see him getting his 5B or even being around any more in 15 years.

Not sure why you think Gen X skipped it. I know plenty of Gen X people on there. Will agree about the teenagers today. They are off on other sites and services, so yeah don't see him getting his 5B or even being around any more in 15 years.

Yeah the thing is a lot of teenagers PARENTS are on FB, and when you are a teenager there is nothing less cool than your own parents (until they want something of course :p)

Back