Robot That Changes Color To Blend Into Its Surroundings

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just great, now we won't be able to see them coming when they try to KILL US ALL! At least it moves really slow. I'm pretty sure I can still get away from that by just walking fast.

Drone technology
AI
Adaptive stealth camouflage

how many more nails in the coffin do we need to add?

Drone technology
AI
Adaptive stealth camouflage

how many more nails in the coffin do we need to add?

Don't forget Laser and microwave weapons and that dog looking thing that runs really fast and jumps over things.

I picture a fully automated AI battleship armed with missiles, lasers, and microwave weapons that launches adaptive stealth drones dropping off those dog things for ground support.

Not very impressive. Saw this a million years ago in Predator 1, 2 & Ghost in the Shell ( thermoptic camouflage ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2mXrndt1ZI

So just because something in fiction is an old idea makes it not impressive? Then I suppose if we ever make real Star Trek teleporters or warp drives it won't be impressive to you because we've been watching it in fake shows for decades?

Zzzzzz...yawn...zzzz. Yes I too remembered that video right away, Apples to oranges. That is using projectors setup at a fixed point and projecting the background onto the guy.

I'm sure the military has far more impressive active camo/cloak. However I'm sure it's taken a lot of work and more hurdles to overcome to condense everything into an all in one mobile platform without limitless budgets.

Back