ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the Horus GK2000 mechanical gaming keyboard. It has a built-in 32-bit micro-programmed control unit (MCU) and 4MB of onboard memory, plus an intuitive ROG user interface that allows users to customize macro and function keys for complex multi-key commands with just a single keystroke. ROG Horus GK2000 has a premium, high-quality feel and has CNC-processed aluminum accents with a special topcoat finish. It also features a removable palm rest, 2-way adjustable feet, and a detachable stand for mobile devices.

Looks pretty good. Styling is, uh... ambitious, but whatever. The wings on the side will definitely interfere, imo a "gaming" keyboard should be slim, maybe even 10 keyless. Still, the phone tray is nice, as that's probably as close as we're going to get to a mechanical keyboard with a screen in it.

People have been asking about this since June 2014, when I can buy one at Newegg I'll be interested. Hopefully this will be under $200 but probably not considering it comes with a CASE.

Being a non-RGB it had better be WELL under $200. Like in the $125 range.

I got my awesome Corsair K95 for $179. I personally think the software, while quite powerful, is horrific as far as user friendlyness goes. But the hardware is top notch.

I am a big fan of the Brown Keyswitches over the Reds though. My keyboard must double-duty as a general office keyboard, and the Reds are really pretty terrible for use by a touch-typist performing general office tasks.

I might even try Blue's some day.

Then there's the good old issue with Asus Service. I had to have my K95 replaced due to a rare and odd failure of the main board, and it was quick and painless.

Too much bling for me here here LOL...

Because calling it the "Falcon-God-of-War 1999" keyboard would sound friggin moronic.

4 MB of memory? For what, 10000 keys macros?

And it's ugly as hell.

Back