5 Reasons The Division Is Best Played On PC

HardOCP News

[H] News
Obviously we are going to say everything is better on the PC, but I honestly think these guys did a pretty good job explaining why The Division will be best played on the PC.

When Watch Dogs and Rainbow Six Siege were first announced, the term ‘bullshot’ was used to describe the initial high fidelity gameplay reveals compared to the less-pretty final results. With The Division’s Snowdrop engine, the initial engine-feature videos look a lot like what I’ve played on PC. Sure, the destructibility has been toned down somewhat as it relates to some of the bigger explosions, but I’ve been consistently impressed with the dynamic lighting, the ways in which the weather impacts gameplay (specifically snowstorms) and just how pretty, overall, Massive’s faithful recreation of New York City looks.

agreed about the faithful (1:1?) creation of NYC, the lighting, weather effects and day/night cycle

But will it play better? Or will they intentionally cripple it like Watch Dogs so the console version doesn't look too crap compared to it?

But will it play better? Or will they intentionally cripple it like Watch Dogs so the console version doesn't look too crap compared to it?

Beers on me says it'll be crippled.

I've played both. There was definitely a graphics downgrade compared to last years E3 footage but the PC version still looks a lot better than it's console counterpart and the amount of customization options on the PC is pretty impressive. While I'd have no problem playing either of the console versions if that were my only option but since it's not I'll be going with the PC version.

Hopefully the rumors of the open beta happening around the 16th of this month are true so everyone can have an opportunity to give the game a go before buying it.

...the amount of customization options on the PC is pretty impressive...

I was surprised to hear that the console version in the beta doesn't have a 'Parkour Mode' option where you can automatically vault over/climb objects...that made a huge difference for me in terms of gameplay on PC...

HfXCRa5h.png

I really enjoyed the beta but they still have some serious bugs to work out. The game crashed and froze my computer quite a bit.

So head shot are not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination but if you can hold it steady enough through a scope if you put someone's eye out they drop dead, just like that. One cavot is that the enemies with multiple bars the marksmenships rifles do major damage to them but I do not know if it is possible to thread the needle through their eye. I dropped a couple other players this way and had a bunch of people hunting me yesterday after the rouge status went off. lol it was funny some one grabbed my loot while I shooting another npc and I turn around and shot them to get it back and I go rouge. But they still got to keep the loot. lol. It was still funny. If you like running and shooting things the game is fun. I was wandering around and just shooting various things to see how they react. The guys with the flame throwers where the best they spring a leak then explode.

I know some people in the beta complained it was not run and gun but you can cross stitch people, aim a head of them and slowly three round bust past them until you run out of ammo in the mag, then reload and start from behind and walk the rounds forward past them. No matter how bad you are at aiming you will hit people not in cover.

As far as the PC verse the xbox, the xbox stuff will come first the alpha was xbox only, but the graphics on the PC, so sweet. These screen shots are from in game beta, no nda since it is the beta footage, I think they wanted to wait for the PC screenshots to hit before people decided that the xbox is what the game looks like. I had to use fraps to get the screenshots to work but when I did uplay then decides that the screenshot button had been pushed silly but it worked.

I have been using a mix of weapons through the beta but the M1A is probably one of the more fun weapons to use. The main weapon I have been running with is not the highest dps but if you can hold steady ie not get hit with bullets you can scope up by holding right mouse then hitting the key you have keybound I use tab to scope up. Most of the scopes I found were holo sights and short range socom style sights. I have a 12x scope on it which is actually longer than the 3x 10x variable I used in the military. Similar rifle mine was a M14 basically a M1A with a selector switch for burst fire. The full auto version is mostly long gone because there is no one alive that can control one on full auto. They had to add weight to the squad weapon to make it controllable. Speaking of which the other weapon I ended up with using mostly is the L86 Light Squad Weapons. Basically the saw works the way it does in real life main purpose it punching through terrain, cars, truck and suppressing enemy fire. The others are machine pistols to spray and pray you hit something... mostly because some times the enemy gets too close and your aim goes off when you get hit so you spray rounds down wind at them to suppress them until you can get a clear shot or they drop dead. grin.

Someone said that the xbox only supports 32 players in the dark zone but I never really saw more then ten to fifteen people unless every one was running around shooting each other.

The marksmenship rifles like the M1A have less dps because they fire at a slower cyclic rate usually because they are designed for one shot one kill. The machine pistols spray in a larger cone of fire and it widens and walks up on you. The saw or squad assault weapon or machine gun or light squad weapon as they call them these days, can be burst fired. The pistols are effect in granade range and against a few enemies at most.

The shots below are from the PC version running at 1920x1200 widescreen 16:10 with most of the goodies turned on.

I am hoping the four bodies per sex changes to let you chose which features you want because right now you have to random it until you get something that works. I hope that it is just a beta thing so people spend the time in the game playing not playing with the interface.

LZtvUyp.png

eANxdqk.png

ROncIrj.png

eZ6RrM2.png

tqqGJLf.png

sCThiz9.png

w16996H.png

no1VaPI.png

CHQW0H9.png

oh any one that laughs at my profile picture... go ahead and laugh I wore the real thing years ago so that people can laugh and not get shot for it.

The joke is So Com is Southern Command Mexico and south... Special Forces Command is Spec Ops. Or delta E or operators... funny things to giggle at next time you see some one acting big and tough. Best test ask them to hump a gun, or ruck a field. If they have no idea they might have been military it takes all kinds to support the guys in the field but knocking on what they did so they could say they shot at people. They should stick to playing games. That is what most of the guys who died so we can play silly games and pretend to be hard biten soliders... while most are more warrior less solider.

I really enjoyed the beta but they still have some serious bugs to work out. The game crashed and froze my computer quite a bit.

Which is one major downside of the PC it sounds. While the console version wasn't as pretty it wasn't hacked day one and it was a hell of a lot more stable as people here keep talking about it crashing their computer all the time. Spent about 6 hours on the Xbox one version with no crashes or performance issues at all.

The beta had ZERO anti cheat, everything was clientside.

Game will fail if they continue that into the actual product.

My problem is most of my friends don't do PC and it'll be a game better suited to the PS4 for me. Assuming it's a game I end up wanting. I dislike ubi in general of late and I don't like their heavily scripted "gameplay" trailers they're leaning towards.

I Played through every available quest/event and spent about 4 hours in the darkzone without a single hiccup. "Buggy" is the last word I'd use to describe this beta.

I hope the xbone version isn't that much worse than the PC. I have both but all of my friends are on xbox so that's the version I'm probably going to get.

only issue I had was the "mouse" issue starting off, meaning the mouse didn't work at ALL. Alt-tabbed out and then back in and it was fixed instantly.

Didn't have a single crash. Playing on a 6600k, and Xfire 290's. 2560X1440p all the eye candy on ultra, and it was smooth and sexy.

I totally agree, except for the cheaters. They need to work on that for when the game comes out.

Back