Bing Search Engine Grows To Record Level

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Good news for Microsoft, but I still prefer what I get out of Google. Which is your search engine of choice, and why?

Redmond revealed in its Q2 FY2016 financial report that search advertising revenues excluding traffic acquisition costs grew 21%, citing Windows 10 as one of the catalysts for this important increase. Bing is the default search engine in Windows 10 and Edge browser (the default browser of the operating system) while also powering digital assistant Cortana, which is available on both PCs and smartphones powered by this OS release.

It depends what I'm looking for. Google censors a ridiculous amount of things but for your everyday search it's great. If you want anything, anything at all, that's even remotely adult in nature then Bing kicks Googles ass from here to Timbuktu and back. Even with safe search turned off Google still censors 98% of things that Bing doesn't.

It depends what I'm looking for. Google censors a ridiculous amount of things but for your everyday search it's great. If you want anything, anything at all, that's even remotely adult in nature then Bing kicks Googles ass from here to Timbuktu and back. Even with safe search turned off Google still censors 98% of things that Bing doesn't.

I've noticed this as well. I'm guessing there's much more pressure on Google to "keep things clean" as Bing is still kind of bit player.

I've noticed this as well. I'm guessing there's much more pressure on Google to "keep things clean" as Bing is still kind of bit player.
That's quite likely, but I'm of the opinion that that's what safe search is for. If I have it completely turned off then Google should not be filtering my searches beyond what is legally acceptable. They're not the moral police, and should stop pretending to be so.

I have never minded Bing as a search tool, I don't know why anyone would hate it as much as some people seem to. It's a tool and used properly it will work fine.

I've used Bing for many years.
Recently came time to renew or replace Antivirus. Found a ridiculous deal on McAfee (one purchase, all your computers).
So far have switched my Eindows 7 computers to "Yahoo" to make McAfee happy. Odd. McAfee claims Microsoft relationship
Windows 10 is still like/hate for me, Edge/Bing seems fine. Except Edge reminds me too much of google.

Whenever I've tried Bing it didn't find anything even resembling on what I was looking for where Google found it easy.

I have used Bing since it came out because it was easier for me to sift through the commercial crap to find what I needed. Having a new pretty background picture sealed the deal though. I even use Bing on my iPads.

I've pressured our VP of eCommerce into getting Bing setup for ad placement and search results. Why? What default search engine does Windows 10 come with?

We've seen HUGE growth in sales since doing so.

It's quite amazing that Bing has set itself up to where it is today within a few years as opposed to decades of work straight off the backs of the googler base. :p

I use DuckDuckGo mostly and ddg.gg is so quick to type if needed. I failover to Bing if i'm not finding what I wanted, which isn't often enough for me to just default to Bing.

Why: it's mostly to just separate who I do business with, I'm trying not to give any one company all the information. I use plenty of google products, so I'm taking my search terms away from them.

Bing gives me amazon gift certificates google does not. I try google occasionally if I don't like the results bing gives me but I'm rarely any more satisfied by google.

Bing is so intertwined with Edge and Win10 this doesn't surprise me. I still prefer the search results I get with google but bing is ok.

I made the switch to Bing a month ago and I've never looked back. I've even been using their maps program on the PC and iOS and it works great. Nothing like getting gift cards for using their services.

If I want to find any videos with midget hookers lining yay yo while getting anal from a trucker, I'm confident Bing isn't going to filter that kind of beauty, unlike Google.

If I want to find any videos with midget hookers lining yay yo while getting anal from a trucker, I'm confident Bing isn't going to filter that kind of beauty, unlike Google.

Yet. And that seems to be the only thing it's good for too. Probably it works better for US users. For us europeans the search result do not make any sense whatsoever.

Yet. And that seems to be the only thing it's good for too. Probably it works better for US users. For us europeans the search result do not make any sense whatsoever.

Or the search engine has adapted to what Ski usually searches for.

Still use google, but the times Ive tried bing, seems pretty good. Way better than yahoo thats for sure.

duckduckgo: because I am a privacy advocate
google or bing: when ddg doesn't find what I want

I will NEVER use "Bing", nor any of the other MS malware that is out there! I simply DO NOT TRUST MS to keep my information secure! Yes, I know Google mines data too...but they have been VERY clear how they do it, who they sell it to, and how it's used. MS has NOT been very forthcoming with that same information, and they often will sell your data to whoever writes them a check! I am not impressed...either with their privacy policies or with the quality of their offerings!

Back