VFX Breakdown Of The Martian

I just read the book in 2 days.. now time to see the movie. It looks pretty true to book more or less.

Great movie. I would have sat down for another hour's worth of him surviving on Mars.

Great movie. I would have sat down for another hour's worth of him surviving on Mars.

Call me silly, but I rather liked the whole finding a way to survive thing, however when the inevitable (because it makes a better movie) point of everything going wrong moments occur the movie kind of lost me...

Was very disappointed by this movie. Everything about it was so...predictable. So cookie cutter and mediocre. All the characters couldn't have been more generic nor could all the situations have been more obvious.

Yeah, it was a good looking film but that's about it.

i have the book but only got to page 3

i do have the movie and saw it 3 times already, liked it alot.

I feel so sorry for actors this day and age. Pretty much all have to act in front of these huge green screens with no sense of a set or immersion anymore.

I've seen the movie, and I found this extremely irritating. Like I was streaming the movie itself over a 56k modem connection. Stop, freeze, draw, queue, play. Repeat.

Was very disappointed by this movie. Everything about it was so...predictable. So cookie cutter and mediocre. All the characters couldn't have been more generic nor could all the situations have been more obvious.

Yeah, it was a good looking film but that's about it.

The book was fascinating to me because there is a LOT of science in it. Every thing he does is explained very well as to why he is doing it. In the movie they had to skip most of that obviously due to time reasons, but I found the explanations in the book to be utterly fascinating.

I felt that book was a pretty good representation of how this would play out in real life (in general at least). Real life is cookie cutter, mediocre and generic.

Call me silly, but I rather liked the whole finding a way to survive thing, however when the inevitable (because it makes a better movie) point of everything going wrong moments occur the movie kind of lost me...

Totally agree, was disappointed with that. The visuals were awesome. Story line was just OK.

I prefer Interstellar over The Martian. Yes, The Martian is more realistic but Interstellar has amazing music & visuals.

I just read the book in 2 days.. now time to see the movie. It looks pretty true to book more or less.

Have never read the book, I can only comment on what others have stated (which even was said by somebody else here). The book goes into more detail on a science level about what exactly he is doing. For the movie they of course had time restrictions and had to dumb it down for people some. So you will lose some of that. But I have got the feeling that it does try to keep true to the book other than taking out some of the science stuff and leaving you to just understand that he has been working on this for days or been traveling for weeks.

Back