Twitter Losing Four Of Its Main Executives

HardOCP News

[H] News
Twitter's CEO has announced the departure of four of its most senior executives. While this many higher-ups all bailing at once is extremely odd, Jack Dorsey had nothing but nice things to say about each of the departing execs.

Lol 2 billion in ad revenue. For total nonsense.

This world is crazy.

3990283614_ba2e39ece8_z.jpg

Call me old, but I've never really understood the point of Twitter, other than exchanging links and trading substance-less talking points.

That is its purpose, people love that sort of junk.

I wonder if they wanted to do a reorg and laid these people off.

One thing that caught my attention is the job shift, it didn't say that those two people were taking over new job duties temporarily but made it sound as if they have no intent on replacing these 4 people but instead took the jobs of 6 people and compacted it down to 2.

Which while I don't keep up with Twitter, aren't they still in a position where they have yet to make any money? If so maybe now that they got some of these departments up and running they can drop the people that got them running and do everything with fewer people.

Call me old, but I've never really understood the point of Twitter, other than exchanging links and trading substance-less talking points.

I have been with that thought since the service launched.

It merely serves to point out that most people have an attention span and vocabulary that correlates directly with the character limit

As stated in your cloned news story's comments (original story duped and re-titled/posted for some reason), this can be attributed to Twitter's tanking stock price after they alienated half of their users by going after Yilo Yiannopoulos.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1889307

That's what happens when you take sides in the culture wars, and punish those with who you disagree.

So, fewer overpaid wankers who don't actually do any work? Good move.

That is its purpose, people love that sort of junk.

Each of these joints have their place...however they are grossly over-exaggerated and over-marketed and over-valued by large corporations.

Back