Whistleblower Lawsuit Accuses ITT Tech Of Defrauding Government

HardOCP News

[H] News
A whistleblower lawsuit against ITT Technical Institute claims that the school defrauded the government and used deceptive practices to enroll students.

The lawsuit [PDF], filed last April by a former dean of academic affairs at ITT’s Tallahassee campus who says he was fired after reporting abuses to higher-ups, was unsealed this week after the Department of Justice declined to join the complaint.

I teach at my local ITT . . . not going to comment on this - I just do right by my students the best I can. The education I give them is not representative of ITT as a whole ;)

Someday I will probably end up teaching at the local community college instead.

I teach at my local ITT . . . not going to comment on this - I just do right by my students the best I can. The education I give them is not representative of ITT as a whole ;)

Someday I will probably end up teaching at the local community college instead.

Might want to try to make that switch sooner rather than later. They might view working at ITT as a negative mark in your work history.

That said it is good you do your best for your students.

All of these for-profit diploma mill scam schools need to be shut down. They're one of the biggest scams going and these places are defrauding the taxpayers through federal student loans, not to mention the students who end up with worthless degrees and loans they will never be able to pay back.

Can't most of what is taught at ITT be found cheaply accessible through online training?

Can't most of what is taught at ITT be found cheaply accessible through online training?

Probably, then again anyone that can easily be tricked into going to a school and getting a degree that is worthless probably would have trouble finding that stuff online.

All of these for-profit diploma mill scam schools need to be shut down. They're one of the biggest scams going and these places are defrauding the taxpayers through federal student loans, not to mention the students who end up with worthless degrees and loans they will never be able to pay back.

That's the whole problem, do you know what employers see when they see ITT Tech on a resume? You might as well write "I am an unqualified idiot" on your resume. We throw them in the garbage immediately and I'm pretty sure everyone else does too. I feel really bad for the people who fall for this scam, but we can't afford to take the chance and hire someone with no qualifications who has proven to have poor judgement in the past.

At this point, that's really any subject content that's available in school. It's the curriculum path and "best practices" guidance that most people miss when they use Google and StackExchange to teach themselves. I know.....I'm one of those people :(

You can say the same about many of our public universities.

You can say the same about many of our public universities.

Not really. The student loan default rates at non-profit schools don't come anywhere close to the default rates at for-profit schools. People still get worthless degrees and have trouble finding work when they come out of real colleges, but it's nowhere near as bad as it is at places like Devry, ITT Tech, and U of Phoenix.

Back