Poll Sponsored By Charter Says Charter Is Great

HardOCP News

[H] News
What's that old expression about having to do something yourself to get it done right? Well, it seems Charter subscribes to that line of thinking as well. The company has sponsored a poll asking the following hypothetical questions.

The survey polled over 2100 registered voters during the second week of January. Except, according to Charter’s announcement, the survey doesn’t exactly ask if people support the merger now, or to what degree they support the merger. Instead, it asked if certain promises would make those respondents more or less likely to support the merger.

Just commenting on ISP part. If Charter really has no data caps then it is automatically great. Doesn't need a poll let alone a totally biased poll.

Until streaming online is not counted as part of the overall monthly data cap, it is probably the most coveted feature for the general masses. Yes, downloads, and most importantly torrents part, is important for many too but that is for the select people who know what they are doing after cutting cords.

If unicorn poop were neapolitan ice cream would you eat it?

Well.... yea. I like neapolitan ice cream. If it happens to be unicorn poop frozen, I'm fine with it. However, we eventually need to harvest the whole animal and use every part. Like the indians did.

A play of words.

Until a poll - not sponsored by either company involved - encompasses every question with regards to Comcast and Time Warner's policies and procedures before and after the merger then the current poll is invalid to me.

Well.... yea. I like neapolitan ice cream. If it happens to be unicorn poop frozen, I'm fine with it. However, we eventually need to harvest the whole animal and use every part. Like the indians did.

Why? The animal doesn't have to die to create the poop, in fact, the very nature of "harvesting the whole animal" would mean there'd be nothing to create the ice cream. How dare you suggest that there be a shortage of neopolitan ice cream, I take great offense sir!

My company does its employee satisfaction/engagement surveys like this. The questions are worded so there are no ways to make the company look bad. Then later they have a huge presentation, revealing the results, telling us how happy we are.

Example of question? If it's free answer, i can make any company look bad.

My company does its employee satisfaction/engagement surveys like this. The questions are worded so there are no ways to make the company look bad. Then later they have a huge presentation, revealing the results, telling us how happy we are.

Sounds like Walmart........

I never fill them out. The only way it's meaningful is if you write out answers (which I could do), but some form of your answers goes back to your manager and if any verbiage makes it back, I think the manager can figure out who said what.

In the end, I know they'll never fix anything, because when people have outright pointed out problems, nothing changes.

In the end, I know they'll never fix anything, because when people have outright pointed out problems, nothing changes.
Not true for Walmart. They'll lay off the people who point out the problems.

As a Charter customer that has lived in 6 different areas of Michigan that have been serviced by them, Charter has been flawless for about 20 years. They really are on of the best, they are like good version of Comcast.

Sounds like a unbiased CNN, USA Today, ABC, NBC, CBS, ect, ect poll.
Results; conservatives are evil liberals are angelic. Totally unbiased.

Ditto on Charter being one of the lesser evils of cable ISPs. Hoping for Charter take over Time-Warner, at least in my area.

Haven't had many complaints with Charter over the years here in St. Louis as far as qualify of service goes. They have recently upgraded service twice in the past two years from 30 to 60 to finally 100Mbps. I think the price is artificially high, but when AT&T is your only local competitor, they don't have much incentive to lower rates.

Sounds like a unbiased CNN, USA Today, ABC, NBC, CBS, ect, ect poll.
Results; conservatives are evil liberals are angelic. Totally unbiased.

NBC/Wall Street Journal is biased against Republicans? Someone needs to call up Rupert PDQ.

in my area we only have 2 speeds. 60/4 and 100/5. Very stupid. Also their new guide is windows cloud based and is damn fucking slow. Hard to read and confusing as hell. Otherwise they are ok. A bit pricey but better than AT&T... Fuck those assholes.

Cable modem speeds don't mean jack when everything DOCSIS is shared after leaving your house. Charter is very good at over-provisioning.

Back