Tom Clancy's The Division Live Action Videos

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a live-action short film for Tom Clancy's The Division out on Amazon Prime now. The video, broken into smaller chunks, is also available on YouTube. Just FYI, most of the linked video isn't worksafe.

Developed by Ubisoft and produced by Corridor Digital in collaboration with top talent, RocketJump and devinsupertramp, Agent Origins is a thrilling live-action narrative short film that brings to life the backstory of four Division agents. Starting on January 19, Amazon Prime members will be able to watch the episode compilation in a thirty-minute short film version with five minutes of exclusive scenes via the Amazon Video app on TV’s, connected devices and mobile devices or online at amazon.com/PrimeVideo.

Personally, the video was "meh" at best and it makes you wonder why the hell they spent all this money on a live-action short instead of on the actual game. :confused:

Personally, the video was "meh" at best and it makes you wonder why the hell they spent all this money on a live-action short instead of on the actual game. :confused:

Barely hear anything on the game. Probably fired a lazy marketing director and got a new one with a lot of unspent budget money. Will say though, played the alpha and got hooked on it pretty fast. Beta next week! (shouted in WWE announcer voice).

Barely hear anything on the game. Probably fired a lazy marketing director and got a new one with a lot of unspent budget money. Will say though, played the alpha and got hooked on it pretty fast. Beta next week! (shouted in WWE announcer voice).

Yeah, there was news everywhere a couple years ago. Then the game was delayed "until 2015." A year later it was delayed "until 2016."

I have my fingers crossed for this one, I really do. But after watching that 30 minute video last night I was really kinda just "why spend all this money on this and not the game."

Yeah, there was news everywhere a couple years ago. Then the game was delayed "until 2015." A year later it was delayed "until 2016."

I have my fingers crossed for this one, I really do. But after watching that 30 minute video last night I was really kinda just "why spend all this money on this and not the game."

Because it's Ubisoft and Ubisoft has plenty of money to spend on this and the game? Because it's Ubisoft and no matter how much money they spend on the game it will be a buggy horrifying mess when it launches?

Not hating on them but ever since Watch Dogs they've been shoving one glorified disaster after another out the door. Rainbow Six:Siege had months of beta play testing and the matchmaking still doesn't work right on it. The latest Assassin's Creed games have been godawful before they put a few more months into patching them.

Show me the game, not a live action video. From E3 to the current videos, I'm not too impressed anymore. Not just the graphics being dumbed down (a lot). But, the game play doesn't look as great. Looks repetitive. I wanted to love this game, and have been looking forward to it. I'm just not that optimistic anymore.

My kid told me to check this game out, it's pretty and has an engaging concept, but I have a bad feeling about how the actual gameplay will roll. I'm going to pass.

Now I also have been looking at an Early Access on Steam called The Squad, or maybe just Squad. It's a 50 player verses 50 player FPS, contemporary combat FPS with what they bill as strong communications and teamwork elements. Has light armored vehicles, maybe they will push it to heavier armor. I saw an Arma guy's assessment and it sounded like this is in the sweet spot for me between a twitch shooter and a full sim.

the PC beta starts at the end of the month so I'll reserve my judgments until then

I want that GRAW2 feel, it was perfect for me. Fast, smooth, but not an overwhelming deluge of visual information. And I don't like seeing little red tags and numbers and shit hovering above the toons either.

I want that GRAW2 feel, it was perfect for me. Fast, smooth, but not an overwhelming deluge of visual information. And I don't like seeing little red tags and numbers and shit hovering above the toons either.

I have played division and graw2, not even close. This game has more RPG elements and feel to it. It for sure is not a game most will like, give it a try if you can first.

I actually miss ghost recon2 and splinter cell CT the most.

Or, y'know, they could have shown us gameplay footage.

That'd spark the obvious "downgrade from our very enhanced E3 demo".

So far UBI has used this tactic on:
- Watchdogs
- Far Cry 3
- Rainbow Six Siege
- The Division (from what we can tell)

I'm fine with enhanced PC-specific unoptimized super awesome graphic gameplay videos as it gives us a glimpse of where we are headed. I'm not OK with passing it off as a PS4 devkit (or console devkit), running with the idea that those will be the graphics, releasing tons of tech videos for the new engine, and then denying there's been any changes. Optimization (" downgrades " by the masses) is fine, lying is not.

but I have a bad feeling about how the actual gameplay will roll. I'm going to pass.

Watch the gameplay videos. There's one where an enemy takes 30 rifle rounds and a grenade yet still doesn't die. That doesn't seem like fun.

Speaking of which, someone should remix these videos to make it so everyone shot is more like the gameplay (30+ bullets). That'd be hilarious.

+1 on that. That's why games selling millions of copies are deemed failures. They shouldn't spend this much money on marketing. The gaming community is not like the rest of the ad based consumers. Gamers actively seek out games that they're interested in regardless of ads.

I watched patiently the rocketjump video, then I just fast forwareded trough the rest. It's boring uninspired stuff. That looks exactly like it is: Forced work for money, instead of the usual fun stuff these channels make.

Watch the gameplay videos. There's one where an enemy takes 30 rifle rounds and a grenade yet still doesn't die. That doesn't seem like fun.

Speaking of which, someone should remix these videos to make it so everyone shot is more like the gameplay (30+ bullets). That'd be hilarious.

That's the worst thing this type of game can have. These type of shooters are more fun the more realistic they are.

That's the worst thing this type of game can have. These type of shooters are more fun the more realistic they are.

That is the issue, people are getting the mindset that this is a tactical shooter, it never has been nor was intended to be.

This game is akin to something like the old shadowrun games.

If it was a FPS game with loot it would just be called out as a destiny clone.

That is the issue, people are getting the mindset that this is a tactical shooter, it never has been nor was intended to be.

This game is akin to something like the old shadowrun games.

If it was a FPS game with loot it would just be called out as a destiny clone.

It doesn't have to be tactical for the rule to apply. Having to pump 30 bullets into an enemy to make a dent is no fun. It's annoying.

Speak plain, "old shadowrun" means nothing to me.

It doesn't have to be tactical for the rule to apply. Having to pump 30 bullets into an enemy to make a dent is no fun. It's annoying.

But you're right. I have no idea what this game wants to be. The official page gives the impression that it's a tactical shooter, and an mmo, with the option for co-op play.

It hints nothing on a story or a campaign. Without that a game is meaningless to me anyway. So I'm inclined to skip this game entirely.

I want a Rainbow Six movie, based on the book not the game. Maybe a few movies, there's a lot of material in Rainbow Six.

There is few games that are like this that I am aware of.

As far as 'realistic' that is a futile argument for any video game. Last night I argued with my buddy while playing a game I finally said 'you are controlling a person with thumbsticks and are arguing realism?'

If it takes 30 bullets to kill an enemy, you will need to find a higher level gun. Otherwise you cant have an rpg element to a shooter at all. By realism you should be able to one shot with your starter gun just as much as you can with a gun you will obtain during difficult pvp/pve encounters. That would ruin the game. And as it has shown over and over, the closer a game gets to mimicking real life, the less fun it actually is and the less it sells.

I will agree, ubisoft is sucking at marketing this game, everything I have seen hints at almost nothing about what the game is like after playing it myself. This will cause a product to fail, even if it is a quality product because your consumers have all different expectations. You have to control expectations through marketing or it will get compared to other games incorrectly.

For those that don't remember shadowrun, this game might be close to a mix of world of warcraft and destiny (and a meh storyline, maybe not meh but cliche none-the-less.

If it takes 30 bullets to kill an enemy, you will need to find a higher level gun. Otherwise you cant have an rpg element to a shooter at all. By realism you should be able to one shot with your starter gun just as much as you can with a gun you will obtain during difficult pvp/pve encounters. That would ruin the game. And as it has shown over and over, the closer a game gets to mimicking real life, the less fun it actually is and the less it sells.

Yes I should be able to. That's what I want to see in a game. Weapons having realistic damage, and objects and enemies taking realistic damage. That's all I want.

By your argument real world soldiers shouldn't need anything more than a glock, since it can be used to kill someone with one shot. I hope I don't have to further explain the point.

Many games have realistic difficulty settings, and it's always more fun to play like that. That's what makes Far Cry, and Crysis good games, without that they are generic shooters. But bump up the difficulty to realistic, and what you get is an unforgettable tactical game.

DeusEx showed it in 2000 that you can have RPG elements without making the same weapon do more damage as you level up. Skills shouldn't affect how much damage a weapon does, it should affect how well you can handle it. For example movement speed while the weapon is not holstered, the time it takes to aim, your accuracy, the fire rate, and the reload speed.

If you like games where you maw at enemies for minutes before they die just say that. Don't try to ideologize it somehow.

Yes I should be able to. That's what I want to see in a game. Weapons having realistic damage, and objects and enemies taking realistic damage. That's all I want.

By your argument real world soldiers shouldn't need anything more than a glock, since it can be used to kill someone with one shot. I hope I don't have to further explain the point.

Many games have realistic difficulty settings, and it's always more fun to play like that. That's what makes Far Cry, and Crysis good games, without that they are generic shooters. But bump up the difficulty to realistic, and what you get is an unforgettable tactical game.

DeusEx showed it in 2000 that you can have RPG elements without making the same weapon do more damage as you level up. Skills shouldn't affect how much damage a weapon does, it should affect how well you can handle it. For example movement speed while the weapon is not holstered, the time it takes to aim, your accuracy, the fire rate, and the reload speed.

If you like games where you maw at enemies for minutes before they die just say that. Don't try to ideologize it somehow.

It really comes down to this game like any game ever, appeals to some and not to others. I do hope in the near future a tom clancy title is released that does bring back that tactical feel the old ghost recon and original rainbow six games had. But I do know I will have a blast playing this. Looking forward for the teaser/beta next weekend.

Back