The Onion Sold To Univision

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to NPR, The Onion has been sold Univision Communications. Damn it, thanks to all those years of reading the The Onion, I don't know whether to believe this story or not.

Univision Communications Inc., the parent company to the nation's leading Spanish-language broadcast channel, has acquired a controlling stake in the satirical news site The Onion, NPR has learned. The agreement between two seemingly disparate media outfits was described to NPR by a person with direct involvement in the negotiations. A second person who was briefed on the deal by Univision executives also confirmed its broad strokes. The amount of money involved in the deal was not disclosed.

I used to read the Onion but I thought their website was pretty messed up the newspaper from Madison Wi ended like 3-4 years ago or something.

Is that still a good source of money? Are satire stories really that good at click generating? I mean most of my extended family seems to fall for those links on that book of faces pretty often.

I still laugh to myself when I remember back to the Short Bus Troops story.

They are seriously funny

I guess The Onion will be in Spanish now.

Que?!

Nah, they have Fusion. It was an English speaking channel for the Mexican Americans.

I think it'll come down to something like Disney/Lucasfilms. They own it and have some direction, but it's not going to be a huge impact.... I hope.

I used to read the Onion but I thought their website was pretty messed up the newspaper from Madison Wi ended like 3-4 years ago or something.

Shit, they haven't been out of Madison since 2001.

A C-130 short plane transports a battalion of very special forces to the Gulf.

304.jpg

My #1:

"Special Olympics T-ball stand pitches perfect game"

Literal LOL.

Literal LOL from me.... 10 minutes after it was posted when I finally got it.

I need to eat something. This skipping breakfast shit has made me stupid (stupider?). How the fuck could I miss that one?

The paper that was made redundant by reality. A sad day to see the last nail in the coffin.

The last new channel more relevant than msnbc has finally been sold out. The end times are near.

Back