The Science of Internet Trolls

This is what we already know.

The words they type are a window to who they are deep down inside, and does not describe others.

They just better hope we never totally lose our anonymity on the net. :D

Reinforces the first rule you should follow when dealing with trolls; Don't feed the troll.

Seriously, I just do the same thing on the net as I do in real life when I hear a stupid comment.
I don't acknowledge it and move on in a positive direction.

Trolls use to be a very specific thing. Now anyone who makes you feel bad gets called a troll.

Trolls use to be a very specific thing. Now anyone who makes you feel bad gets called a troll.

I know! They used to live under bridges, in caves, waiting to club unsuspecting passers-by. I miss those days...

It's been watered down to mean that anyone who disagrees with the hive mind is a troll.
Ex: If someone tries to point out the benefits of global warming, they're a troll.

It's been watered down to mean that anyone who disagrees with the hive mind is a troll.
Ex: If someone tries to point out the benefits of global warming, they're a troll.

Then count me in, because I'm eagerly awaiting my beach-front tropical paradise here in the pacific northwest!!!

Typically you are labeled a troll if you appose the prevalent group think and you present your argument why. In my case I also believe "do not cast your pearl before swine" so I curtail discussions that are going nowhere.

Back