Tomb Raider Director Leaves Crystal Dynamics For Infinity Ward

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I wonder if this has anything to do with Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Xbox One exclusivity deal and the resulting sales.

That next adventure in Southern California is apparently Activision's Los Angeles-based Call of Duty factory, Infinity Ward, the studio behind Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Ghosts. As of this month, Horton is Infinity Ward's Studio Art Director, according to his LinkedIn account.

I doubt the exclusivity deal had anything to do with it. Considering without the money it brought in the game may have not have been made, or least been as big or as good as it was. Square-Enix was worried about how it would do, so the deal built in a safety net.

I am guessing he just got a better job offer. When you make good games, people will give you a lot of money to make them!

I am guessing he just got a better job offer. When you make good games, people will give you a lot of money to make them!

Considering his ex-boss just became a new executive at Activision and most likely brought him along you are probably correct.

Don't they mean... Infinity Ward: The Post Shadow (a.k.a the company formerly known as Infinity Ward).

Most of the talent left, remember!

Back