Poll: Americans Distrust Sharing Personal Info With Social Media

HardOCP News

[H] News
Researchers from the Pew Research Center say that Americans do not trust sharing person information with social media companies compared to things like retail loyalty programs and health services websites.

According to the study, 54 percent of American adults polled found the prospect of security cameras in their workplace capable of tracking employee performance and attendance with facial recognition technology and stockpiled footage “acceptable,” compared to 51 percent who said it was “not acceptable” to give up personal information in exchange for free use of a social media platform, which would use the data to target users with ads.

Really?

Doublethink much?

People surveil themselves with all the oversharing they do on social media. "I don't like it, but I do it anyway!"

I'm terrified of Facebook. (>_<). I literally don't try to even look at a single page in fear that it will get me fired someday. I do admit I broke and took a peek when project soul did that soulcalibur character promotion a little while back...

Back