Stupid Criminal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a convicted felon, it is probably not a good idea to post gun-toting selfies on Facebook for the whole world to see. This jackass learned that the hard way after a judge gave him 15 years in prison for being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm.

Chief U.S. District Judge Tom Varlan sentenced Malik First Born Allah Farrad, 42, to 188 months for his conviction last year to a charge of being a felon in possession of a gun. The conviction was based on a selfie Farrad posted on Facebook in October 2013 in which he brandished a .45-caliber handgun.

Social media is the best thing to ever happen to the ignorant people of our country.

I bet he changed his name to a muslim name while in prison and promised to do right. But when he got out.. Old habits die hard. 42 and still think its cool to flash a damn gun on social media? Would have been a bit funnier if he "accidentally" shot himself. One less felon to worry about, and less taxpayer dollars thrown away.

Malik First Born Allah Farrad... lol. So when someone says to name your first born after Allah, they don't mean to name yourself First Born Allah.

I bet he changed his name to a muslim name while in prison and promised to do right. But when he got out.. Old habits die hard. 42 and still think its cool to flash a damn gun on social media? Would have been a bit funnier if he "accidentally" shot himself. One less felon to worry about, and less taxpayer dollars thrown away.

No no no. The less attention this situation can get the better. Don't need more 'ammo' to give the gun-haters of america.

But yea, I didn't realize people still took selfies with a gun past the age of 19.

Can you imagine how heavily this man's stupidity has to be weighing on him? Just imagine that you are getting sent to prison for years because of a potato quality bathroom selfie.

Why are they being released from prison in the first place if they're too dangerous to be eligible for the 2nd Amendment?

Why are they being released from prison in the first place if they're too dangerous to be eligible for the 2nd Amendment?

Being convicted of domestic violence will get you rejected from purchasing a gun. Can't remember how many years until you can get it expunged to be able to purchase again.

Lots of reasons can get you denied, just for sake of argument. I think dishonorable discharge from military can also prevent you. Can't recall the list, I got rejected my first time because someone with the same last name as me was rejected in my state. That was a hassle to deal with :/

Being convicted of domestic violence will get you rejected from purchasing a gun. Can't remember how many years until you can get it expunged to be able to purchase again.

Lots of reasons can get you denied, just for sake of argument. I think dishonorable discharge from military can also prevent you. Can't recall the list, I got rejected my first time because someone with the same last name as me was rejected in my state. That was a hassle to deal with :/

A Dishonorable Discharge from the Military usually comes hand in hand with a Court Martial, otherwise if they did something less serious it's a Discharge that is "Less than Honorable". A Court Martial is a Felony Conviction so bye bye to your gun rights at least for awhile.

Can you imagine how heavily this man's stupidity has to be weighing on him? Just imagine that you are getting sent to prison for years because of a potato quality bathroom selfie.

He's a natural born idiot, probably will never comprehend such implications. People like this just function on a different plane from the rest of us.

IOld habits die hard. 42 and still think its cool to flash a damn gun on social media? .
He's a long time felon, and has been in and has been a criminal since age 14... he probably didn't have any interaction with social media until recently.

So, putting aside the fact that people who go to prison already have to worry about being injured, raped, or killed by other inmates, killed by guards, poisoned by maggot-ridden food...and then putting aside the fact that, even after serving their sentences, they are still largely ostracized by society and limited in their capabilities to provide for themselves...why do we still strip them of certain basic rights?

Why should a citizen that has served their sentence for a criminal offense lose the right to vote for public officials, particularly when their informed viewpoint about the prison system might motivate them to work for change? Why should they be unable to serve on a jury, when their informed viewpoint about the legal process might push them to civic duty? And lastly, why should they not be able to defend themselves in the way thought so important as to be the second right listed on the Constitution?

If we're going to treat them like subhumans, why not just kill them and be more honest about what society has concluded about wrongdoers; that they never deserve forgiveness.

Back