Swiftech Introduces Next Generation Of AIO Liquid Cooling Kits

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rouchon Industries Inc., dba Swiftech® today announced the release of its next generation of AIO Liquid Cooling Kits, the Drive X2 and the Drive X2 “Prestige” series. “Our goals during the development of this series of products were to continue improving upon the performance of our all-in-one kits, and to broaden their appeal to an even larger audience,” said Gabriel Rouchon, Swiftech’s Chairman and CEO. “In previous generations, thermal and acoustic performances were always at the top of our agenda, but we were also first to introduce the concept of upgradability because we wanted to offer AIO’s that COULD be customized. This new generation represents the culmination of our efforts in that direction: what is being presented to the world is a new generation of products that truly ARE custom kits: they perform like custom kits, they look like custom kits, and they are user-customizable right out-of-the-box. All this was accomplished while preserving and improving upon the characteristics that have made AIO’s so popular today: reasonable cost, superior performance, plug-and-play functionalities, and no maintenance.”

One of the most significant changes for the Drive X2 series AIO is the fully redesigned patent-pending radiator/reservoir/pump combo featuring a large clear acrylic reservoir of tubular shape, and showing the inner workings of the system’s powerful pump. The radiator comes in 3 sizes, dual 120mm, dual 140mm, and triple 120mm. The large coolant reserve prolongs operations without maintenance well beyond the 3 year product warranty. The second component to see substantial changes is the new Apogee XL2 CPU waterblock now featuring a chrome plated copper base plate and a redesigned housing with enhanced flow characteristics for better hydraulic performance. The housing is made of clear acrylic material to visualize the coolant flow path and to create fantastic color and light reflections thanks to an all-new system of RGB ALED lighting system. The waterblock installation hardware has been enhanced for an even easier trouble-free installation, and it is compatible with all current desktop processors. Finally, the kits now use clear tubing, a remarkable departure from other AIO products made possible by Swiftech’s use of a large coolant reserve, and most notably the new Addressable RGB LED (ALED) technology implemented on waterblock, reservoir, and radiator accent piece.

The “Prestige” version of the kits includes all of the above, but features even more advanced product updates, focusing on extraordinary performance at low noise, as well as top shelf hardware. The Prestige line includes the world-renowned Noiseblocker eLoop fans, that take these kits a step ahead of anything the company ever tested in terms of thermal performance in near-silent silent operations. Finally, the “Prestige” versions use Lok-Seal black chrome compression/rotary fittings throughout, for this final touch of luxury feel that characterizes all true custom systems. These products will be released for sale to end-users worldwide on January 6, 2016, during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada. Swiftech will be showcasing their products in a press suite at the Caesar’s Palace Hotel. MSRP on the H220X2 and H220X2 Prestige starts at USD $139.95 and ranges up to USD $214.95.

Their all in one kits have definitely come a long way as far as looks. But they are stiff a pretty expensive solution when comparing them against other all in ones.

I am a bit bias, since I have been running swiftech in my water cooling for over 5 years now and everything has been pretty much flawless. So, maybe the price premium is worth it.

I thought the price premium was because you cam build off of their AIOs

The Prestige looks like a total waste of money. That much of a price increase for slightly better fans? Pass.

I can appreciate the quality of the hardware and the nice aesthetics, but even the top H320 X2 Prestige version gets beat by the Corsair H110i GTX (which actually surprises me). These days, I don't really care what it looks like; I just want good, simple, silent cooling ('cept when I'm gaming and have headphones on and don't care what the fans sound like). The H110i GTX is still the best solution for me.

Man. Can we just get a COUPLE nice 420mm AIO units out there?

Some of their AIO are the best performing out there with big heat loads. You also have much better pump and block built into them vs some of the other options, reasons for this was because you could expand them, so they had to have allot more pump power.

I picked one of their units up, and it has been running non stopped from the day it launched to today. Quiet and cools very well...Sadly with my lack of time for gaming these days, or anything else really, the past 4 months I have not OCed my PC at all, everything has been set back to stock. I guess as I get older I see less and less of a need and well...Not much of a gain in anything anymore, seems like GPU OCing is really the only thing to see much of a gain.

Do want...

Some of their AIO are the best performing out there with big heat loads. You also have much better pump and block built into them vs some of the other options, reasons for this was because you could expand them, so they had to have allot more pump power.

Exactly my reason for wanting one though i'm not sure if I can afford the total cost for the H220X2 and a GPU waterblock.

Their "premium" is in large part because companies like Asetek, Corsair, Thermaltake and so on all outsource their AIO coolers to the same OEM in China who makes them dirt cheap. Which is why all AIO coolers look basically the same sans the sticker and retail box.

Last I knew, Swiftech at least designed their stuff in house.

I like swiftech and it is one of the top 3 coolers I would buy. My 1st choice would be a custom loop to have push exhaust fans.

I'd be very interested to see how the 240 and 320 stack out. Have a feeling the 240 should be a touch quieter and have very little temperature difference.

I can appreciate the quality of the hardware and the nice aesthetics, but even the top H320 X2 Prestige version gets beat by the Corsair H110i GTX (which actually surprises me). These days, I don't really care what it looks like; I just want good, simple, silent cooling ('cept when I'm gaming and have headphones on and don't care what the fans sound like). The H110i GTX is still the best solution for me.
28dB versus 40dB... The H110i GTX in Performance Mode is over 2x as loud. I'm not a silent PC enthusiast but that is huge difference.

It also shows you that the Swiftech kit has a lot more room for improvement with faster fans if you truly don't care about noise.

I'd be very interested to see how the 240 and 320 stack out. Have a feeling the 240 should be a touch quieter and have very little temperature difference.
The specs are already given for the fans on the 240. They run at a lower max speed but produce more noise at slightly higher static pressure and lower airflow. If that chart is accurate they aren't as refined/efficient as the 120mm fans on the other two units.

Last edited:

Depends on the thermal load on the system, as well as the fan speed.

For a CPU only loop, a 2x120 is all you ever need as the extra 50% rad space doesn't net you a whole lot. Versus a CPU/GPU loop where that extra rad space gets needed immediately.

28dB versus 40dB... The H110i GTX in Performance Mode is over 10x as loud. I'm not a silent PC enthusiast but that is huge difference. How loud do you have your headphones that you wouldn't notice that??

It also shows you that the Swiftech kit has a lot more room for improvement with faster fans if you truly don't care about noise.

It might be but 28dB and 40dB are still quite quiet. Especially to modern ears used to going to rock "concerts" where you're exposed to 100-110+dB for several hours on end.

28dB versus 40dB... The H110i GTX in Performance Mode is over 2x as loud. I'm not a silent PC enthusiast but that is huge difference.

The specs are already given for the fans on the 240. They run at a lower max speed but produce more noise at slightly higher static pressure and lower airflow. If that chart is accurate they aren't as refined/efficient as the 120mm fans on the other two units.

A big part of that is due to the fans having to make up for a weak pump, just not flowing enough. The fans on mine never spooled up even when I was doing heavy OCing, temps remained quite cool. I did have the H110 for a while and the noise difference is drastic.

It might be but 28dB and 40dB are still quite quiet. Especially to modern ears used to going to rock "concerts" where you're exposed to 100-110+dB for several hours on end.

That is very subjective. How loud you listen to music also does not matter, I am a heavy loud music listener and I race cars with straight exhausts that are allot louder than that. What actually matters is the noise floor in the room the unit is being used in, for me, the first I can't really hear the pump at all and only slight wind noise, running HDDs are much louder, the H110 however is clearly audible over everything else and once spooled up I can hear it with a head set and low level movie watching, If I put on my proper cans that is no longer a problem. However that is a real difference that people will see/hear and also speaks to the performance over head on these kits over others on the market. However, if you are in a high noise floor room/house and only ever plan on cooling the CPU with the unit, there might not be much reason to spend the extra money on these.

I actually am a silent PC enthusiast; it's why I got into water cooling in the first place. While the fans may be twice as loud as what's on the Swiftech, I've never needed to run them at more than 1500 RPM under load with my 6700K clocked at 4.6 Ghz; at that speed, they can't even remotely be described as loud.

At idle and low temps the fans on my H110i run at ~775 to 800 RPM. Sitting about 5 feet away from the computer and about 7 feet away from the air conditioner vent, I can tell you that the air conditioner vent is the louder of the two (tho far from "loud"). :D

I might be interested in this. First time in a long time to go AIO...

I noticed if you were to install this in the top of your case. The fans would be blowing in. You might get colder air sure but more dust.

SO I assume you could flip the fans to blow out...

EDIT. Looks like Newegg has the X2's in stock who will be the first person?

Last edited:
Travis Jank and I helped Swiftech with regard to aesthetic feedback on the design of the new AIOS - hope you like them.

I have a few of them here so I can get close up pics and answer questions.

Travis Jank and I helped Swiftech with regard to aesthetic feedback on the design of the new AIOS - hope you like them.

I have a few of them here so I can get close up pics and answer questions.

How are the fans mounted? :D

Hmm I might have to give one of these a try again. How much better are these versus last years models?

Waiting for my tax returns to finish buying all the parts to go with the 5930k I got from the Intel Retail Edge and was planning to get the h240x so I could add a GPU block onto Pascal when they came out but these are insanely sexy. I assume the 320x2 will be the best for an overclocked 5930k and overclocked top end Pascal when they come out. I guess being indecisive and not just buying a h110i GT is going to work out for me lol. The only thing I think they should change is to somehow mount the pump and res on the sides so that you can do push/pull.

Waiting for my tax returns to finish buying all the parts to go with the 5930k I got from the Intel Retail Edge and was planning to get the h240x so I could add a GPU block onto Pascal when they came out but these are insanely sexy. I assume the 320x2 will be the best for an overclocked 5930k and overclocked top end Pascal when they come out. I guess being indecisive and not just buying a h110i GT is going to work out for me lol. The only thing I think they should change is to somehow mount the pump and res on the sides so that you can do push/pull.

one set of fans will work well with this radiator. really nice to have it all combined. I am tearing down the units to do rigid tubing with the pump/res/rad combination - will have worklogs posted in a couple weeks

Push is less noise than pull though. I agree it'd be nice to have the res on the side, but then again you could put together a custom loop instead, though it'll cost more.

Love my 240x but the new 320 has me quite enticed. Wanted to add my GPU to the loop whenever I upgrade it in the future without going nuts with many rads and tubing.

I started with a Swiftech kit, oh, around 9 yrs ago now. I'm still using the same pump. :D

Idk, unless the aio have a decoupled pump, cant really call it anything new.

My Current AIO just got recalled. Not sure if I want to risk installing it again if it still having Problems. Might want to switch to another AIO. Never tried any Swiftech AIO. Willing to try it if it came produce better result then my current AIO.

1. Any comparison between X2 series and EK Predator?
3. Anyone know if Swiftech AIO are normal sized? Meaning EK predator runs a bit longer due to where Res and Pump are located at. I couldn't fit EK 360 Predator in my case was off by .5". If Swiftech is normal sized I could maybe fit the 320 version in my case.
4. Between EK Predator and Swiftech X2(Eloop version) series. Which is considered better choice? Looking for low noise and good temps. Not planning running the fans at max RPM, something half way.

Back