Accelerating AI with GPUs: A New Computing Model

HardOCP News

[H] News
Deep-learning breakthroughs have sparked the AI revolution. Machines powered by AI deep neural networks solve problems too complex for human coders. They learn from data and improve with use. The same DNN can be trained by even non-programmers to solve new problems. Progress is exponential. Adoption is exponential. And we believe the impact to society will also be exponential. A recent study by KPMG predicts that computerized driver assistance technologies will help reduce car accidents 80% in 20 years — that’s nearly 1 million lives a year saved. Deep-learning AI will be its cornerstone technology.

The impact to the computer industry will also be exponential. Deep learning is a fundamentally new software model. So we need a new computer platform to run it — an architecture that can efficiently execute programmer-coded commands as well as the massively parallel training of deep neural networks. We are betting that GPU-accelerated computing is the horse to ride. Popular Science recently called the GPU “the workhorse of modern A.I.” We agree.

Exponential growth means humans will lose quickly. Why would the AI try to save a million lives when there is chronic overpopulation as it is?

Here comes the 'informed' responses referring to the destruction of humans.

Unless you've designed AI before, please don't reach easy conclusions, it looks really bad on you.

Here comes the 'informed' responses referring to the destruction of humans.

Unless you've designed AI before, please don't reach easy conclusions, it looks really bad on you.

And not understanding what exponential development means looks really bad on you. Or are you suggesting that the article wasn't correct?

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Humans will be extinct in 12 year.

Yes I believe in Jesus, the cross and all that jazz but that has nothing to do with my prediction. Most humans are pretty stupid as it is while the rest are mostly greedy pigs, thr pigs will eat the sheep and the AI will eradicate all problems. Why 12 years, I dunno sounds like a good number to me.

If we get Hillary the Lying human hater as prez I will double down as civil war will bring the end to all humanity.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Humans will be extinct in 12 year.

Yes I believe in Jesus, the cross and all that jazz but that has nothing to do with my prediction. Most humans are pretty stupid as it is while the rest are mostly greedy pigs, thr pigs will eat the sheep and the AI will eradicate all problems. Why 12 years, I dunno sounds like a good number to me.

If we get Hillary the Lying human hater as prez I will double down as civil war will bring the end to all humanity.

This post says more about you as a person than it does the dangers of AI.

Exponentially.

Back