Amazon Prime Members Get 20% Off New Games & Pre-Orders

My wife just told me about this. Not too bad if there's a game you have to get on day 1, save some money.

For the non PC gamer I guess it is a good deal. If you are interested in just PC games then this is not needed. Just sign up from GreenManGaming Newsletter and they will spam the hell out of your inbox with 20% codes off of all new games every week.

if this is permanent that is awesome. Just wish it was for digital xbone codes.

For the non PC gamer I guess it is a good deal. If you are interested in just PC games then this is not needed. Just sign up from GreenManGaming Newsletter and they will spam the hell out of your inbox with 20% codes off of all new games every week.

greenmangaming doesn't sell certain things, such as blizzards Overwatch.

People preorder video games? Who does that these days when you then have to pay $29.99 for all the damn DLC and expacs that are built into the game but aren't 'available' till you buy the code?

I'm definitely going to pre-order a bunch of stuff just in case they run out. I would hate to go buy a new game and the computer can't copy and paste me a download because it ran out of rams or gigahertz.

This looks like a counter to best buys rewards program.

Looks like it's for physical copies only. Screw that. I'll pay extra not to have to deal with discs.

Very nice that they're including both preorders and sales within the first two weeks after release. Although, it only includes games that are shipped to you physically, so the people that take advantage of this might end up spending a third of the savings by choosing one day shipping. And Amazon applies sales tax in 27 states now, so if you live in one of those states you could lose up to 50-60% of that discount (with one day shipping) compared to digital copies.

Looks like it's for physical copies only. Screw that. I'll pay extra not to have to deal with discs.

Even most "physical copies" (Pc at least) are usually just a steam code in a box in my experience.

I'm tempted to jump on the prime bandwagon so I can score The Division for cheap, plus get all my usual amazon shit that much faster.

I wish it applied to download codes on the consoles (small gripe) but this is still pretty awesome.
Pre-buying on PC tends to be a mistake, but not so much on the consoles. There was never much benefit to it in the past, but this changes that.

If this sticks, I won't be renewing Best Buy's Gamer Club Unlocked. Hopefully this is just the start of some competition to it.

Nice for people that order physical disks.
Be nice if Amazon could fix its shipping problems for us Prime users.
Most of the items I have ordered in the last month (mainly within the last two weeks) have said free Prime two day shipping but would give an estimated delivery date about 4 days out. And "next day" with a rate of 29.99 or more was three days away.
Not sure what is going on with them but if this continues, I'm going to cancel my Prime membership.

Canadians getting the shaft on Prime again I see... No mention of this whatsoever on the Amazon.ca including under the prime benefits page.

We still don't have any streaming services or other added value for Amazon Prime, like library access on Kindle. Pretty much we get (for $80/year):
-Free 2 Day Shopping with $3.99/item 1 day shipping
-no minimum order
-Photo storage
-30 minutes early access to lightning deals...

That's it, that's all, thanks for shopping Amazon. Man, I don't know why I keep paying for this... other than the fact I hate shopping at places like Walmart with a passion...

Having said that, I would probably never use this service. I digital download pretty much exclusively on my PC and consoles at this point, so this is pretty irreverent... Still, would it kill them to create some kind of parity between Amazon.com and Amazon.ca?

Didn't know that benefiting from a thread was a pre-requisite to commenting on it. I do have prime and I buy games, so I felt it was a topic I could talk about.

Not for you, got it. We all feel better now being informed of that.

nice! my wife and i are full-time prime users, i'll definitely take advantage of this.

e I'll maintain Prime (likely) I suppose its an okay bonus... but it could have been much better if it was on PC Download and other digital codes as well or better yet gave a discount on ALL (not just pre-order) game titles sold by Amazon. Right now, 20% is the MINIMUM discount I expect on a pre-ordered title from other sites like GreenManGaming and I get the bonus of it being digital. With the exception of the very rare physical collector's edition, I don't see myself ordering too many physical titles.

Its a nice bonus for those who all ready have Prime, but it won't likely change how I buy games. They'll have to do better than that... especially if they're worried about Prime subscribers leaving since the "Prime Family" switchover garbage. My account renews today so I'll have to see how bad the new system is compared to the old...

If this sticks, I won't be renewing Best Buy's Gamer Club Unlocked. Hopefully this is just the start of some competition to it.

It's good for Amazon to do this but I still see Best Buy as a better option since you get Rewards Points and some preorder games will get you $10 in rewards instantly. Plus BB is any new game; did I see someone say that Amazon is only for the first 2 weeks of a game's release?

Another nice benefit for Prime members, even better if you are a student with student prime discount, just need and email with .edu.

It would be nice if they took away some of the risk from pre-ordering games. Like those that end up being disappointments or coded poorly. Maybe setting up some kind of launch day pro-rated credit. The longer you have the game the less you get back upon return.

Canadian prime page doesn't mention it. Of course... because our version of everything on amazon isn't as good. bah.
Still... amazon is better than almost everything else we have. sigh.

I'll pay extra to DL from Steam so I don't have to mess with disks that don't actually have any content on them, and have you download anyway, and still put a disk in your drive to play :rolleyes:

Maybe I should hit up Steam for a 15% discount and a Customer Loyalty Account. Just to see if they are paying attention :)

Back