Everyone Has The Same Personality Online

HardOCP News

[H] News
I think this applies more to Twitter and Facebook than it does online forums. I say this because our forum members (you guys) couldn't be a more diverse group people with extremely different personalities.

Ever notice how the same jokes, phrases and hashtags keep cropping up again and again on social media? All those “I can’t even…” comments on Facebook, the emojis on Slack or Gchat, that endlessly snarky tone on Twitter. We all sound exactly the damn same.

More like everyone truly does show that mob mentality collectively drops IQ.

On an semi related note I will admit this. I've been fortunate enough to know in reality that I'm one of those guys who would say the same thing in person as I would online to someone.

I am actually a real person so those robots pretending to be me are not as awesome.

I shouldn't speak my mind as much as I do but I have to call bullshit when I see it. But for me bring who I am online as I am in real life is important. I really try not to be a dick.

It hard to sound different with words..because people cant tell the difference of tones and sarcasm.

Or it shows that increased volume and capability of communication causes memes and catchphrases to spread more rapidly than in prior generations.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. " Agent K, Men in Black

gFKsunQ.gif

Anyone who uses social media has already failed. The rest is just side effects.

The correct term is "zero personality". Also maybe its just a side effect of our collective IQ's dropping sharply.

Interesting article. It said "we compartmentalize our online personalities to behave according to the expectations of each medium. So while Twitter is sarcastic and argumentative, Facebook posts tend to be more optimistic and reflective." I suppose it's not surprising that the idea of conforming and fitting in applies not only to real life, but to online communities.

Interesting article. It said "we compartmentalize our online personalities to behave according to the expectations of each medium. So while Twitter is sarcastic and argumentative, Facebook posts tend to be more optimistic and reflective." I suppose it's not surprising that the idea of conforming and fitting in applies not only to real life, but to online communities.

I troll the shit out of filthy statists on Facebook.

Only reason I have an account.

Yeah... I'm definitely not down with the group-think BS.

I won't conform to the internet norm! :p <realizes that he's actually just part of "another" norm>

Back