Gravitation Under Human Control?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Producing and detecting gravitational fields at will using magnetic fields sounds like something out of an X-Men movie.

Produce and detect gravitational fields at will using magnetic fields, control them for studying them, work with them to produce new technologies -- it sounds daring, but one physicist has proposed just that in a new article. If followed, this proposal could transform physics and shake up Einstein's theory of general relativity.

This device is based on superconducting electromagnets and therefore relies on technologies routinely used, for example, at CERN or the ITER reactor.
I seem to recall some time back NASA paid Boeing an absurd amount of money to build a super conducting ring that supposed could change gravity... that didn't work out either.

Unless they can actually find and figure out the gravity particle/wave then forget about even trying generate it.

Its just a paper about a mathematical proof + proposed device. They don't know if it works at all yet and probably won't for years assuming it gets built ever. Its quite possible it won't. There are plenty of ideas which work out on paper but not so well in the real world and this is likely one of them.

If they find a device that makes more hot chicks gravitate towards me, I will fund it.

Right, I'm curious. Though I miss parts of formal stem education so don't hate.
I guessed they'd use a laser to change magnetization somewhere.
So, what, they are creating a magnetic 'kernel' that will draw some matter together to form mass and thus alter gravity from far away?

Back