Far Cry Primal PC Specs

HardOCP News

[H] News
The minimum and recommended PC specs for Far Cry Primal have been released and, from the look of things, the PC requirements are pretty tame overall.

MINIMUM
  • Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-550 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 or equivalent
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB VRAM) | AMD Radeon HD 5770 (1GB VRAM) or equivalent
  • Hard Disk Space: 20 GB
  • Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller

RECOMMENDED
  • Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K | AMD FX-8350 or equivalent
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 | AMD Radeon R9 280X or equivalent
  • Hard Disk Space: 20 GB
  • Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller

SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT RELEASE
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 5770 (1 GB VRAM) or better, HD 7000 / 200 / 300 / Fury X series
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 (1 GB VRAM) or better, GTX 500 / 600 / 700 / 900 / TITAN series

Note: This product supports 64-bit operating systems only. Laptop versions of these cards may work, but are not officially supported.

the game looks stupid to me and I have no interest in this (and I played and enjoyed the first 3 Far Cry games)...the low system specs pretty much confirms it'll have Stone Age graphics as well

the game looks stupid to me and I have no interest in this (and I played and enjoyed the first 3 Far Cry games)...the low system specs pretty much confirms it'll have Stone Age graphics as well

Requirements aren't an indication of graphical prowess.

The best programs accomplish the most with the least amount of code and resources. Too many people have been conditioned to accept shitty programming on the basis that it is somehow "pushing the limits of technology" or some such nonsense.

From what I've seen this game looks pretty bad. Definitely have no issue with skipping it.

"We know we had a 4 core only announcement last year, but this year it has to be 8 cores minimum ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

Who really thought this game premise was a good idea?

"We'll make it like Dust, but single player."

The best programs accomplish the most with the least amount of code and resources. Too many people have been conditioned to accept shitty programming on the basis that it is somehow "pushing the limits of technology" or some such nonsense.

You have a ton of power with PC's (PC Masterrace!). Programmers have a shit ton of power available, unlike the old days. So, they do make shitty programming decisions because we have the power to spare. You can see some examples of people utilizing the bare minimum and doing some amazing programming to get some great visuals (the whole scene thing with the old 64K programs as one example - it's still going on).

It is getting cool that my PC is getting to the recommended specs. Soon, it'll be time to upgrade for these games to play at recommended settings. :)

This game seems to take elements that I dislike the most out of all the Far Cry games

Bow and arrows: yeah fuck that shit give me some guns! I hated having to use a bow and arrow in FC4, obviously there's not going to be any sniper rifles and AKs in this game.
Crafting from skins: When FC4 came out I just thought "god I hope they don't carry over that stupid crafting system from FC3.... yup... while this video doesn't show that, you can almost guarantee this will be a feature part of the game "Hold more spears, just craft skins from 3 sabertooth tigers"
Animals: You know my most hated enemy from FC4? Those little ninja stealth fuckers that could tame animals and send them right at you, that seems to be the premise this game was built on, just you happen to be that fucker who tames the animals.

Sorry UbiSoft, I get that the whole stuck in an "open" world and some dictator is doing something bad you need to kill him for story lines seem overused, but the system is what people want to play. We want to be bad ass Rambo types, not fricking Tarzan

I absolutely loved Far Cry 1. FC2 was ok. 3 I didn't care for. 4 is decent....

This one. Has the feel of 1, but without guns. It'll be a different game. Probably shouldn't have gone with a Far Cry game, and used a different name. Just Primal or something. Because I'm going to compare it with Far Cry, and as it stands, it's not looking like it's going to compare well. It might be a decent game, though.

^^Agreed. Loved all the far cry games so far, even 2 was ok IMO, but there's no way I'm buying Primal 'till it hits around $5 on steam. Far Cry is supposed to be first: a great modern shooter with nice-handling guns, second: a big sandbox with lots of options to tackle any problem, and third: plenty of eye candy and cutting edge visuals to enjoy while you explore the sandbox.

We already knew there were no guns, so they failed a big chunk of the experience, and now with these new system requirements, it looks like they're giving up on the eye candy too. This game has almost nothing going for it at this point.

Loved the previous Far Cry games. Sure i will try this game aswell but no on release

So first there was far cry 3. Then far cry 4 which very much seemed like a mod for far cry 3. Now is this primal one going to be a mod of a mod?

Recommended specs for Far Cry 4 involved a GTX 680, here I am with a factory OC'd 970 and still can't run it 60FPS fully cranked at 1080p. This whole 'minimal' and 'recommended' system needs to be standardized because, as far as I'm concerned, the "recommended" machine should be able to run the game at 60FPS with most of the flashy visuals enabled, then again, if you told people they needed a top-end video card (or two) to accomplish that, they would complain.

I'm going to recommend a proper i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 980ti for 60FPS with all Gameworks features disabled for good measure.

Back