Praying Mantises Fitted With Tiny 3D Glasses

HardOCP News

[H] News
Click this link to see pictures of a praying mantis wearing 3D glasses. The best part is that scientists say the 3D glasses actually work on the insects. Here's a picture for those of you too lazy to click the link.

In a specially-created insect cinema, they showed that mantises fitted with traditional 3D glasses, stuck on with harmless beeswax, could be tricked into believing an image of a bug was real, causing them to pounce. But if the image was shown in 2D, they ignored it.

Occulus will see this as a threat to their sales model and bring the price of theirs down.

Great, Skynet is now in the R&D stages of creating their army. We're doomed.

I'm usually all about these kinds of things when it comes to science. This however has got to be the most worthless study I've seen in a while. Big deal, we already know how 3d works for stereoscopic vision and guess what...it still sucks. :p

Tax dollars at work...

1452214163UEm7CfUMwX_1_1_l.jpg

Deal with it. :p

Give that lil mantis a heart attack and show him the best scenes from Friday the 13th part 3. I'm pretty sure that's the one that was in 3-D.

I'm usually all about these kinds of things when it comes to science. This however has got to be the most worthless study I've seen in a while. Big deal, we already know how 3d works for stereoscopic vision and guess what...it still sucks. :p

Yea I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove. Predators see in 3D, much more so than stupid humans.

This is why my cat is "meh" when a bird is on tv. It's not a bird, it's a flickering 2d representation of a bird. Humans fail to understand this.

Back