Facebook App Hits 800M Users

HardOCP News

[H] News
I wonder if this 800 million number is active users or everyone that has ever installed the app. Most people I know, myself included, hated the app and quickly uninstalled it.

Just how big can Facebook's Messenger app get? Try 800 million monthly active users and counting. The social-networking giant said Thursday its mobile messaging app crossed that mark near year's end. That means the app added 100 million new users worldwide since June. Messenger was the quickest growing app in the US in 2015 with a 31 percent increase in users year over year, according to Nielsen ratings.

Probably counting every time someone reinstalls or upgrades the app.

I refuse to ever install the messenger app. I dont understand the need to have two seperate apps for what was once all in the same app.

Not installing that battery draining crapplet. Mobile browser is good enough and you now have the option to enable notification nag if you really want it.

I refuse to ever install the messenger app. I dont understand the need to have two seperate apps for what was once all in the same app.

Yeah, I don't see the point when you can still message in mobile browser.

I wonder if this 800 million number is active users or everyone that has ever installed the app. Most people I know, myself included, hated the app and quickly uninstalled it.

Just how big can Facebook's Messenger app get? Try 800 million monthly active users and counting. The social-networking giant said Thursday its mobile messaging app crossed that mark near year's end. That means the app added 100 million new users worldwide since June. Messenger was the quickest growing app in the US in 2015 with a 31 percent increase in users year over year, according to Nielsen ratings.

I've never installed it, but if you want to replay to a PM in facebook, you have to go to the mobile site, install messenger or use Paper (which is nice, but kinda slow).

I don't send a lot of PMs on FB, so it's easy for me not ot use it, but if I did send/receive a lot, I think Messenger would become a necessary evil. Personally, I just don't get why they removed it from the FB app. Kinda wish I could install the last version that had messenger hooks built in.

Hey, I have 7 friends and want to show you some pics. Also my timeline is filled with the same picture of Oakley's over and over, so check them out. -says 300 million FB users.

It is actually not a bad app. I use it as one of my main messing apps. Everybody at uni has facebook and is the easiest way we talk.

Facebook is actually pretty good about showing 'active' numbers, and not just the number of people that have downloaded things.

I have never understood the need for Myspace and Facebook. I just don't understand what everyone gets out of or why it's so addicting to people.

Back