Oculus Offers Free VR Headset To Early Kickstarter Supporters

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's nice to see Oculus step up like this and take care of the people that backed them in the beginning.

"As one of the early supporters of Oculus, you helped make this revolution happen," Oculus' co-founders said in a letter to supporters published Tuesday. "As a small token of our appreciation for your support, all Kickstarter backers who pledged for a Rift development kit will get a free Kickstarter Edition Oculus Rift." The headsets that those backers will receive will be labeled as the special Kickstarter Edition and be among the first shipped, a spokeswoman said.

Cool. Impressed with Oculus Rift reviews so far. In the future, I hope to buy one.

My neighbor has one, but hardly ever used it due to his work and other stuff. The one time I asked to see it, he connected it to an old laptop, which is not the best system to be using it on. lol

I'm not sure if he was part of original Kickstarter for his kit or he purchased it afterwards.

I AM an early backer! (Hell I'm the guy who alerted H-OCP to the Kickstarter going live) Best wake up email in memory today~! (I totally couldn't afford one atm)

I thought it was a kickstarter bug when I received the survey this morning. Now I can use my Rift budget on a 980 ti upgrade instead, unless they get all the SLI issues worked out.

Hello,

How would i know if one is eligible for this? I have afrind that originally pledged $300 and got a dev kit, however he did not get a "survey email" also what address did the email come from?

That's a nice gesture after everything that has happened since their famous Kickstarter.

Back