LG And Samsung Supplying OLED Screens For iPhones

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
So it’s finally happening. I presume that people’s minds will be blown at how Apple managed to develop a revolutionary screen technology that can display perfect blacks.

LG and Samsung Display are close to a final agreement with Apple for the screens, the Electronic Times report said, adding the two Korean firms plan a combined 15 trillion won ($12.8 billion) in capital expenditure to build up OLED production capacity over the next two to three years.

Lol. I was thinking that surely the "new display technology" apple slipped out about the next iPhone has to be something other than OLED?

Samsung should include language in the contact specifying that Apple is forbidden to describe the OLED screen on an iPhone as "revolutionary" or "magical".

Honestly I'm surprised that every mobile device isn't using an OLED by this point. Shit didn't the ZuneHD have an OLED 6 or 7 years ago?

Samsung should include language in the contact specifying that Apple is forbidden to describe the OLED screen on an iPhone as "revolutionary" or "magical".

Apple would try to get around that by calling it an iLED screen. :D

Honestly I'm surprised that every mobile device isn't using an OLED by this point. Shit didn't the ZuneHD have an OLED 6 or 7 years ago?

I'm not. AMOLED burns in. I can't wait for this to start affecting iPhone users.

I'm not. AMOLED burns in. I can't wait for this to start affecting iPhone users.

I've never seen any burn in on my phones. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's really easy to avoid.

I've never seen any burn in on my phones. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's really easy to avoid.

Onscreen buttons in Android exposed the issue more easily. If iOS has anything that always shows up in the same spot on the screen, burn in will become evident in due time. Especially with people who like to leave the screen on when the device is docked.

Back