ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces ROG Maximus VIII Formula

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced Maximus VIII Formula, a Z170 Express chipset-based ATX gaming motherboard with exclusive CrossChill EK cooling, epic aesthetics and strength with Aura RGB lighting and ROG Armor, and 5-Way Optimization, Intel® Gigabit Ethernet and LANGuard to deliver game-conquering performance.

Equipped with an LGA1151 socket and optimized to unleash the maximum performance of 6th-generation Intel Core™ (‘Skylake’) processors and DDR4 memory, Maximus VIII Formula is also engineered with champion-level SupremeFX 2015 audio technology to elevate even the smallest in-game sound details — making every battle arena sound as real as life. The new board is also kitted out with the newest and fastest connectivity, with NVM Express™ (NVMe) U.2 and M.2 for up to 32Gbps transfers, USB 3.1 Type-A and reversible Type-C for the best compatibility and any-way-up convenience, and latest 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) wireless connections.

Yea I'm guessing 400+ if not 500. I would go x99 before spending that much. Sexy board just to much for a platform limited to 4 cores. With x99 coming out with 10 cores soon. No way I would go with anything less then 6 for this kind of money.

I looks like just a slight upgrade of the Hero board. I'm guessing somewhere in the upper 200s.

Great for looks but no better than a Hero for perfomance.

1. No need for the watercooling , its absolutley not going to help you overclock but only hurt your loop temps
2. Your (NVMe) U.2 and M.2 Slot is covered by a panel now making sure for those with Samusng 950's will have heating up issues
3.Lots of red leds , maybe they can be programed to change colors ?

Back