New Google Glass Spotted

I always digged Glass. I sure i read some articles a while back saying that the new glass would be very different. Surprised to see this.

My employer bought two of the original Glasses. They were not ready for release. Cool idea, but just failed to deliver. Main problems we saw on a regular basis:
-Device overheated - frequently. Sometimes in as little as 5 minutes after limited use.
-Device was flaky - I know the software for it was under development, but man - c'mon. They should have had a more limited release.
-Another device without a purpose. Could be a lot more useful than a smart watch. This would be another device that complements your smart phone.
-Won't talk about what you look like wearing them.

Before I get jumped, yes I know it was called the Explorer program. I am in software development so am all too familiar with bugs and testing things out. However, people generally don't pay so much for the privilege of something so flaky (maybe Steam Early Access ?)

Fingers crossed round two is a more stable product. The augmented reality options are very cool. My favorite is the language translation program.

Back