Everything We Expect Microsoft To Announce In 2016

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I think Redstone should be interesting, which is supposed to add significant features to Windows 10. I also wonder whether the next Surface will be another incremental update, or if it will have something special that entices more owners to upgrade.

…Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is just getting started. He has big plans for Microsoft, including getting Windows 10 onto over 1 billion devices, expanding its current set of services, and introducing new hardware that will compete with Apple, Google, and Amazon.

HoloLens is definitely the most exciting of the bunch, but I am probably looking forward to Redstone in hopes it will work out some of the annoying quirks with Windows 10.

I am wondering if there will be a Windows 10.1, and later, a Windows 10.1 Update 1, or how they will decide to handle numbering or nomenclature for Windows updates. For now, apparently, they have decided just to call it version 1511 (OS Build 10.0.10586.36).

I am wondering if there will be a Windows 10.1, and later, a Windows 10.1 Update 1, or how they will decide to handle numbering or nomenclature for Windows updates. For now, apparently, they have decided just to call it version 1511 (OS Build 10.0.10586.36).

Ugh, I hope they don't do that again and just stick with 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, etc.

I'm pretty sure the majority is expecting them to fix Win10 and not invent something new.

I'm pretty sure the majority is expecting them to fix Win10 and not invent something new.
Which is why I get uncomfortable when I see them marketing it as "new features" rather than "we're fixing it". :rolleyes:

Yeah well we hoped the same about Windows 8 but the marketing department always has other plans.

Thats why this "Windows 10 will be the last Windows" mantra is so comical.

Why does the article imply they only have two or three stores?

Microsoft's first retail stores -- located in New York City and Sydney, Australia -- are just the start of things to come.

The Insiders have already had the first release of Redstone and it is pretty buggy--guess that is to be expected with another new build. Rumor is that we'll get another couple of builds in the next month or so with some "big changes". Having read about some of them they will mostly be things I have no need for just like a lot of the other stuff in Windows10. I do enjoy playing with 10 and find out what's coming but so far I just play with it. Still on W7 for the daily driver. I'm good until 2020 if need be.

Have you found a good way to opt out of the Windows 10 upgrade reminders?

Been so long I've forgotten. Uninstalled the GWX folder and turned off some tasks in the task scheduler way back when--and keep an eye out for the hateful KB3035583 update MS still tries to shove out. I've always checked what updates are being offered and why before installing but even more reason now. Neither my laptop nor desktop have been plagued with the little "upgrade to Windows 10" icon yet. I really do like a lot of the stuff in W10, just not ready to convert over at this time.

I've been digging Windows 10, so definitely looking forward to Redstone. And I'm pretty excited for HoloLens.

The Insiders have already had the first release of Redstone and it is pretty buggy--guess that is to be expected with another new build. Rumor is that we'll get another couple of builds in the next month or so with some "big changes". Having read about some of them they will mostly be things I have no need for just like a lot of the other stuff in Windows10. I do enjoy playing with 10 and find out what's coming but so far I just play with it. Still on W7 for the daily driver. I'm good until 2020 if need be.

I've had the Redstone build on my Surface Pro 3 since it launched. I've not used it extensively but haven't noticed any bugs, looks pretty much like the current build.

I've had the Redstone build on my Surface Pro 3 since it launched. I've not used it extensively but haven't noticed any bugs, looks pretty much like the current build.

Is that part of the Insider preview? I do have my Windows 10 I think set to get Insider builds, but not sure what's in there.

Is that part of the Insider preview? I do have my Windows 10 I think set to get Insider builds, but not sure what's in there.

It is, 10.0.11082 N/A Build 11082 released on December 17th to fast ring. Using now for this post on my Surface Pro 3 to give it a bit of spin.

Back