Rise Of The Tomb Raider Coming To Steam In January

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I wish they told me this sooner so I could have skipped the Xbox One version. I did finish the game and thought it was one of the best single-player experiences of the year.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to Steam this January! Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautiful hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality.

I'm suspecting that it will be a good PC port as well like the previous one. Nice find.

Reminds me that I didn't finish the last one either. I got bored at the quadzillionth QTE.

I'm looking forward to playing this eventually. Currently have the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition sitting on my xbox one to play (from when they gave it away as a free Games With Gold).

Ah good, we don't have to wait much longer. Went through TR2013 twice (one on my previous machine and once on my current one) so I was really looking forward to the new game. I knew Rise of the TR was going to be a timed exclusive. I have an XB1 but I didn't wanna play the game on dat shiznit. I played TR2013 on PC and I'm sure as fucking playing Rise of the TR on PC. My friends who played it agree with Megalith, so I'm pretty excited.

I wish they'd give up on trying to make the hair look realistic.
It never looks natural, which ends up making Laura look like something lives on her head.

cool something to burn my Steam cards on......I hope it comes out early this in January I have 17 days off.

Wow. Wasn't expecting this so soon - this is great news. I almost grabbed the Xbox One version. Glad I didn't!

Ah good, we don't have to wait much longer. Went through TR2013 twice (one on my previous machine and once on my current one) so I was really looking forward to the new game. I knew Rise of the TR was going to be a timed exclusive. I have an XB1 but I didn't wanna play the game on dat shiznit. I played TR2013 on PC and I'm sure as fucking playing Rise of the TR on PC. My friends who played it agree with Megalith, so I'm pretty excited.

I finally finished it on the XBox One over the weekend. (Had to commit myself to it because I died in that game over and over. :D) I have it for the PC but never really bothered finishing it on there but, now that I have a 4k monitor and a 980 Ti, maybe I will finish it there as well. However, I would prefer to finish Crysis 3 first.

The game looks and plays great on the XBox one, it is not crap. However, my gaming skills are crap. :D

I wish they'd give up on trying to make the hair look realistic.
It never looks natural, which ends up making Laura look like something lives on her head.

I cannot agree with that but, I would rather have this then a stiff wind and the hair not moving at all.

Awesome. The reboot was great, minus the obvious lack of tombs and excessive overuse of QTE's.

Awesome. The reboot was great, minus the obvious lack of tombs and excessive overuse of QTE's.
You'll be happy to know that there are no forced QTEs in Rise and it has actual tombs to raid.

Back