Apple Asking Courts For An Additional $180M From Samsung

HardOCP News

[H] News
What kind of "supplemental damages" add up to $180 million? Apple might be pushing its luck, they already had the $930 million chopped down to $548 million. Now they want more?

Just over a week after Samsung paid Apple more than $548 million for infringing the patents and designs of the iPhone, Apple has asked a U.S. court to force its biggest smartphone rival to cough up even more. In court papers filed on Wednesday, Apple Inc said Samsung Electronics Co Ltd owes nearly $180 million in supplemental damages and interest.

Maybe with luck they'll get STD and join Jobs so they don't stunt industry innovation.

Have never owned an Apple product. Not even an ipod.

Never will.

I agree with Samsung. Apple got paid WAY more than enough for something that A) Was bullshit to begin with and B) Didn't harm them in any goddamn way.

This, this right here is Apple showing it's true colors.

Though just to play Devil's Advocate, Samsung are pretty scummy themselves. Charging like $300-400 for their shitty low spec'ed tablets and phones. Seriously, remember the Tab A from not too long ago? It was a 1024x768 9.6 inch tablet with some shitty A7 quad core and Samsung wanted like $400 for it...come on now...if that's not taking advantage of your brand name then I don't know what is.

I guess in retrospect though Samsung haven't been little patent trolls though...

don't worry, i am sure a family member of the judge will get a 6 figure job at Apple. ;)

They will probably just take that money to pay the University of Wisconsin for the lawsuit they lost against them.

What is the point... Samsung will charge them more for making the iPhone.. Here

This is the first year that neither company made anything I was remotely interested in. While they're busy squabbling, other companies are working hard to surpass them.

1 yeah hopefully a huge STD like stuxnet

2 have been given 2 apple products first one was destroyed second was sold for near $600

3 Samsung should never have paid crapple, crapple are showing their real colours (black) of evil

4 Samsung have screwed themselves by not having micro SD slot or removable battery ( I wont buy without these 2 features )

5 Looking for a replacement for my galaxy 3 ;) but it will never be a crapple !!

I really like Apple but this sh*t does them no favors. Just drop it already Apple/

Back