Top 10 Disappointing Games of 2015

my overall disappointing game list starts with the game everybody forgot about because it came out early in the year- Evolve...had so much potential but the DLC screw-up seemed to sour people before the game even officially launched

most disappointing launch goes to Arkham Knight (PC)...although things have improved performance wise and the game itself is actually excellent

most disappointing release which could turn into an excellent game after 6 months to a year- SW: Battlefront...not enough content at launch but EA games always take awhile to simmer

10 - Madden 2016
9 - Rock Band 4
8 - Infinite Crisis (never heard of it)
7 - Batman Arkham Knight (of course)
6 - Battlefield Hardline
5 - Godzilla The Game
4 - The Order: 1886
3 - Evolve
2 - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5
1 - Star Wars Battlefront

Yeah I was hopeful for Battlefront, I like the game but sadly EA was just being well... EA.

Evolve, Batman(PC), and Infinite Crisis.

Of all the titles, the one I'm most disappointed with was Infinite Crisis. Following in the footsteps of EA, WB bought over Turbine and are gutting that studio. Infinite Crisis had the IP & the potential, but looks like it was lost in bureaucracy.

Metal Gear Solid 5 gets my vote for most disappointing. Took everything fans loved about the other games and threw it out the window.

My most surprising game was Mad Max! While not mad unique they did a LOT right with it, especially th environmental stuff.

my overall disappointing game list starts with the game everybody forgot about because it came out early in the year- Evolve...had so much potential but the DLC screw-up seemed to sour people before the game even officially launched

most disappointing launch goes to Arkham Knight (PC)...although things have improved performance wise and the game itself is actually excellent

most disappointing release which could turn into an excellent game after 6 months to a year- SW: Battlefront...not enough content at launch but EA games always take awhile to simmer

I loved evolve. I tried it on xbone but seemed to always have the worst match up problems ever. Would take almost 15-20mins to get into a match. Was really hoping it would be a great game to keep going.

I'm quite enjoying Battlefield Hardline, especially its soundtrack. It's a pity that there are so few populated servers running it. Its single player campaign I found interesting enough to complete, a rare trait among first person shooters with single player campaigns.

Metal Gear Solid 5 gets my vote for most disappointing. Took everything fans loved about the other games and threw it out the window.

My most surprising game was Mad Max! While not mad unique they did a LOT right with it, especially th environmental stuff.

I kind of like the game, but it has a lot of that original Assassins Creed feel to it.

I haven't played enough of The Witcher 3 to call it a disappointment, but it's lacking some of the fine details that I expected. It's not really an open world game like Skyrim but I can forgive that. What really bugs me is the lack of NPC's that are interactive. The fact that you can still just walk into anybody's house and rob them in front of their face bugs me. The limited fast travel locations, why even have it if you have to be somewhere specific to fast travel? Running through trees and foliage. Useless loot. That damn horse.

All that said, I'm enjoying the game. It's just half of what it could have been. Oh and Hairworks can go to hell, I'm not running that crap.

Plays well enough on my i5 4440 and 290x though.

I played Evolve on Pc at top level comp play. you probably either heard of me or some of my friends like Aurora Symphony. I loved that game, but TRS (Not 2k, actually they had nothing really to do with it's failure) really fucked that game up. From balance, at ANY level, to patch release pacing to just everything really. Game had potential to be one of the best competitive shooter games in a decade and instead they just utterly fucking ruined it.

The only game I've played were balance got WORSE after release, not better, especially with the nimrods they chose to pick up out of beta because they had the popularity contest won, not the actually skill to balance a game, ungh. what a waste, here's to hoping Paragon has much better luck, need another good fps/3ps game worth a damn for once that is NOT counter strike lol.

I played Evolve on Pc at top level comp play. you probably either heard of me or some of my friends like Aurora Symphony. I loved that game, but TRS (Not 2k, actually they had nothing really to do with it's failure) really fucked that game up. From balance, at ANY level, to patch release pacing to just everything really. Game had potential to be one of the best competitive shooter games in a decade and instead they just utterly fucking ruined it.

The only game I've played were balance got WORSE after release, not better, especially with the nimrods they chose to pick up out of beta because they had the popularity contest won, not the actually skill to balance a game, ungh. what a waste, here's to hoping Paragon has much better luck, need another good fps/3ps game worth a damn for once that is NOT counter strike lol.

Also, doesn't matter if you knew me or them or not really, game was pretty well fucked from day one and never fixed, so what difference does it make lol.

Agree with everything except Batman AK. It was one of the best games I played this year.

Project Cars

I was hoping for Gran Turismo PC, but what I've got is an annoying piece of shit game, that is worthless in single player.

So much hate for SWB, the game has been enjoyable to me. I agree it lacks depth, but it is fun overall. The fidelity of the game is ridiculous as well.

Evolve and Battlefield Hardline gets my vote for being the most disappointing game of 2015. Evolve got tedious real quick and the DLC fest didn't exactly help either. Battlefield Hardline had an extremely linear, dull and generic gameplay which is quite a common element with modern FPS games which bought nothing new to it. Not surprising that both games lost their player base within a month because of it's gameplay factor.

BFH was looking bad from the start. wish EA would take more time a develop a game as good as BF3 again

Back