Hacker Stole IDs And Unreleased Scripts From A Host Of Celebrities

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why are guys like this so stupid? The guy is smart enough to hack all these celebrities but so dumb that he gets caught trying to peddle the stuff to undercover agents? What a schmuck.

Among the items he offered to sell were scripts for three comedy films, a hip-hop biopic and another television show; Social Security numbers for actors and professional athletes; and, according to the complaint, sex tapes of celebrities, including one Mr. Knowles later passed along that had been emailed from a television host and columnist to another radio host.

Meanwhile all us regular folks simply get a letter that says we should watch our credit, and if we're lucky 1 year free credit monitoring.

I just got notice my info was part of that huge OPM hack. I had no reason to believe I would have been effected, either I did a background check at some point in time or one of my family members did. In any case, I didn't think I was at risk.

Should be criminal to wait so long to notify.

I just got notice my info was part of that huge OPM hack. I had no reason to believe I would have been effected, either I did a background check at some point in time or one of my family members did. In any case, I didn't think I was at risk.

Should be criminal to wait so long to notify.
Should be criminal to keep your information for so long when it is no longer needed.

Back