Kim Dotcom Can Be Extradited To The U.S.

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now that a judge has ruled that Kim Dotcom and his accomplices can be extradited to the U.S., what do you think the odds are of a favorable ruling from the Supreme Court on appeal?

Following an extradition hearing lasting 10 weeks, today New Zealand District Court Judge Nevin Dawson ruled that Kim Dotcom and his colleagues can indeed be extradited to the United States to face criminal charges. Speaking with TorrentFreak, Dotcom confirmed that an appeal to the High Court would go ahead.

He'll prolly get what he deserves for his countless crimes. There's a LOT of evidence piled up that supports the side of the copyright holders and the government.

The only problem now really becomes a logistics one. Now that NZ has decided to hand over the guilty party, the US will have to arrange for bulk freight transport to move all that lard without doing something drastic like taking apart the entire sweaty mass to ship it in parts in standard shipping containers. New Zealand might rise a few feet higher too as the Earth's crust rebounds when Dotcom's mass is removed from that area of the planet. I guess it'd help them deal with sea level rise so maybe it's a win-win for them to unload a criminal and gain elevation.

So you're saying he'll fit right in being in the US?

He'll prolly get what he deserves for his countless crimes. There's a LOT of evidence piled up that supports the side of the copyright holders and the government.

Don't jump the gun, there hasn't even been a trial yet. He could be innocent, maybe his second in command ran the whole show and fed him full of crack the whole time to keep him out of it.

This is all about his ability and willingness to fuck up the "industry". I see no good reason why Kim is on target here when EVERY filesharing site does exactly what he did. Not ALL copyrighted material can be removed completely and permanently instantly it's requested. This is true of MS Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, or any other random generic file host (Zippyshare, MediaFire, etc).

The reason why Kim is put on blast is because he actually wanted to make competition for the music industry...he was about to possibly bend them over real nice like.

So, no, Kim isn't on trial because he's a bad person or because his service was bad...he's on trial because he was about to fuck some shit up. In my opinion at least.

Don't jump the gun, there hasn't even been a trial yet. He could be innocent, maybe his second in command ran the whole show and fed him full of crack the whole time to keep him out of it.

Please don't feed the trolls.
All offenders will be fined a minimum of $500 .​

In a way, there already was a trial in New Zealand to determine if he ought to be handed over to the US. In the eyes of at least one nation's court system, he's done something wrong so I can't see what could possibly change after his jelly roll self is sent to the States and they go over basically the same information in a court here.

Doubtful that he will get a favorable ruling. The special interests involved are too well-funded and have made the appropriate "donations" and "favorable indulgences" to the [NGOs/PACs/who knows what] in the United States -- this includes certain aspects of the US judicial system. When outright bribery doesn't work, there are always other ways around -- like giving a judge's relatives first choice at jobs, promotions, etc. I wouldn't rule out blackmail/extortion, either, should the bribery fail. Some of these "ways" are very hard to prove.

My understanding is that the US Government likes to go after relatively "small fry" like Dotcom with a sledgehammer, or even the tactical nuke, simply as a way to scare off others from doing the same thing he does. Well, it's clear that they screwed up, so they now have to continue going after him with all their might, even if it's a major waste of taxpayer dollars, simply to not "lose face". Admittedly the very same things that made Kim look like an easy target -- poor physical condition, extravagant, ego-laden nature, and so on, now make it practically an imperative for higher-ups in the US Gov't to finish him off on a skewer. Losing to what many of these guys feel is a "fat nerd who got lucky" would be too hard of a pill to swallow, especially in the Beltway ;)

Besides, the POTUS and his friends are beholden to such interests so that they can command fat "speaking engagement fees" and the like after their time in office is done -- otherwise, how do you think the Clintons could come back and become millionaires many times over after having supposedly being broke immediately after Bill's time as President? The Clintons live in Chappaqua, NY, which is by no means a working class or middle class neighborhood -- it's quite up there with Scarsdale, and some would even say Bronxville, in terms of tony Westchester County neighborhoods (Westchester County is practically a bedroom/commuter suburb of NYC).

Disclaimer: I am neither a fan of Kim Dotcom nor a fan of any of the Presidential Candidates this year :D

I am still not clear on what crime he has committed in the US that gives it any jurisdiction. He ran a service, in a foreign country that people from the US chose to use in an illegal manor. Not seeing a crime here.

Back