Constructing Thorin’s Sword "Orcist" From The Hobbit

It WILL kill! :D

I did expect some of those guys who are "black smiths" to have some beefier arms though. I mean I get a lot of the work they do is with power hammers and what not but still.

Stupid question..were swords from old times all shiny and pretty like modern day swords, or is that a new effect?

Stupid question..were swords from old times all shiny and pretty like modern day swords, or is that a new effect?

Depends. if you were a wealthy or important, then in general your weapon was "prettier" than an ordinary soldiers sword.

Ordinary soldiers weapons were, well, ordinary. no high polish, no fancy decorations.

Is that really how modern blacksmiths work? Well then again I guess modern blacksmiths hardly have any reason to exist in the first place with all of the milling machines and whatnot... but still, a lot of those operations just looked like, "Eh, you know, if I moved my hand just an inch closer, my entire hand might be sacrificed." >_>

Thing is most sword fights you see on Tv or movies are totally wrong. You didn't actually spend all the time slamming sword blades together. Even the strongest of blades will give up after a few good high speed/impact coming-togethers.

You went for the first limb you could swipe at and moved on to the next guy.

I do not currently have a sword, I now see this as the biggest problem in my life...

I hate to be "that guy". but it was forged in Gondolin by the Noldor. Along with Glamdring.

Back