Broadwell-E To Launch At Computex 2016 With 10 Cores

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Intel will reportedly be unveiling their deca-core processors at the upcoming computer expo.

Right now Broadwell E CPU are rumored to be released in the first half of 2016 and launch at the $1000 price point. The CPU is rumored to come at the same clock speed as the currently available intel i7 5960X, but with the small IPC improvements of Broadwell and the increased core count it should give users a 20% performance gain in highly threaded CPU loads.

I've been installing Decacore Intel Procs at work for months but its good to know a consumer version is coming soon.

Love the gain in threads but wish Intel would push IPC instead. Gains have been pretty lackluster last few gens. Mobile side is much more interesting right now.

Love the gain in threads but wish Intel would push IPC instead. Gains have been pretty lackluster last few gens. Mobile side is much more interesting right now.

We may be peaking what CPUs can do on the current materials used.

I think CNT are going to be the next transistor material in consumer processors. I would say within the next 10 years. We are fast approaching the wavelength of light, used in the lithography process. New light sources will be needed soon.

what would be better for gaming; broadwell-e or skylake? wait for skylake-e?

What makes you think they don't?

what would be better for gaming; broadwell-e or skylake? wait for skylake-e?

There will likely never be a skylake-e, and even if there is you will be waiting a very long time given that broadwell-e doesn't come out until next year.

You'd be better just buying a decent X-99 motherboard and getting a 5820k right now and if you feel you need more CPU buy a broadwell-e and drop it in. The reality is that a 5820k overclocked to an easy 4ghz is way more then enough for the foreseeable future in regards to gaming.

Back